About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Just Quit   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-2 by Iquit22718; 952 views.
Iquit22718

Jul-2

Hello everyone. Put out last cigarette and am going cold turkey. Been a smoker for 52 years. I have had several what I call minnie quits. I am so determined to stop this addiction. Finished Alan Carr book and it made so much sense. I am so tired of trying. I think I will succeed with a support group and this place has such a wealth of information and such friendly people. And so my journey begins. I know I can do this with the help and support I am seeing here. Thanks for listening. Think I have found my home away from home. I know I need a place to come to read and educate myself. Look out smoke free world here I come.

Loreficent

Jul-2

Well, come on then!

Wonderful decision and you have definitely found a place to hang out and have be a home away from home for a spell. It has made a huge difference for me for sure.

Have you been to the tab in this section called July 2020 New Ex-Smokers Start Here? It is a great place to look at the beginning posts of as the Mods put a lot of information there how the Forum works and have links to articles, etc.

52 years is a long time, but not looking back will make the rest of your time so much better and worth while!

Iquit22718

Jul-2

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Yes I have started reading and intend to spend alot of time reading everything. 

TinyBadger

Jul-2

Welcome! I'm glad you're here! I'm also glad you've been doing some reading. The more educated you are, the better off you are to fight your addiction. The support here is great and post away! We've got your back.

Welcome to the best rehab group for quitters. Everyone on this forum is choosing to break free from this wicked tough drug addiction. By all means read everything on this forum and read often. I watched YouTube videos, read the Whyquit.com site, read and reread Allen Carr's book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking and constantly read it in those wibbly wobbly times and posted for help on this site. I'm coming up to being 7 years quit in September and I pop in here every day to help new quitters acheive a successful quit one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Hi Iquit,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the decision to quit smoking.  I hope this will be your home away from home during this process.  Take it one day at a time.  The light is always on here.

modanjim

Jul-3

Congrats Iquit on your new quit journey.  It can be exciting s as  well as scary at the same time.  I am still in my newer end of my quit, (have not reached quite 3  months ) and like you had many mini quits thru my over 40+ years smoking.

My best advice is take one day at a time.  There are many peaks and valleys in this quit journey, but you can do it.  I come back to this forum and read, read , and read some more.  It has helped me so much when those cravings kick in.

If you like to exercise, I would suggest walking, biking etc....  It really give you those feel -good endorphins that help with cravings as well.!!

Welcome and Congratulations on making the best decision of your life.  You wont regret it.

Maureen

04/15/2020

Iquit22718

Jul-3

Thanks for all the help and encouragement

Iquit22718

Jul-3

Thanks for your help and suggestions