About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

8 days smoke free   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-8 by Lyney; 2871 views.
Lyney

Sep-2

The good thing is that you will try again. For me it hasn't been easy but I'm really happy that I stuck with it. It's a long journey ahead of me and I'm in it for the long run.

When you're ready, come back and we'll be around to support you, I know you can do it!

Lyney

Sep-2

I used the gum and it was great because I only used it when I needed it. More at the beginning and I was able to gradually have a little less every day. After 1 month I stopped and I've been completely nicotene free for over a month now. It's nice to be able to write that, time flies by quickly!

How has your quit been?

Msg 6024.43 deleted
Lyney

Sep-2

That's great advice and I agree with you. I have been trying to figure out what is prompting me to have these cravings since I know they are 100% psychological. Strange thing is I have a positive attitude about quitting, I'm not missing smoking (except for the odd junkie-thought that crosses my mind) and I'm very proud of myself.

I think some of the crave days are because I'm experiencing new things, other times I think it's the nicodemon trying to get me back any way he can. One thing for sure is I'm super-happy to have quit and don't wish to ever go back. The good news is they don't happen often, but I'm ready to fight these one crave-day at a time.

In reply toRe: msg 41
Nope62

Sep-3

Thanks for the encouragement! I have quit again. I've got four days so far.

I have noticed that you are doing very well and I am happy for you!

Take Care!