About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Beginning   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-10 by Ambrose1991; 642 views.
Ambrose1991

Jul-10

Hi there,

My name is Mike

I’ve been smoking for about 15 years now and I’ve been trying to quit for about 7 years

I’m currently taking Champix and currently I’m still smoking

I’ve got one smoke left and I’m about to give it a go

Here we go

:)

Mike

In reply toRe: msg 1
Ambrose1991

Jul-10

Ok guys I’ve had my last smoke and put it out

I feel relief already :)

It’s about 7pm here in Perth, Western Australia 

Thanks for giving me a chance to be supported and I hope if all goes well I can return the favour

Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome.  Congrats on deciding to quit smoking.  You will find lots of information here on the forum and support.  The more you know the better your chance for success.  Please stop in the July Ex-Smokers thread and read all the articles from the beginning.

The first few weeks can be tough.  Take it one day at a time and you will be well on your way to freedom.

An Overview of What to Expect After You Quit Smoking

Lyney

Jul-10

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on quitting smoking, you can do this!!!

TinyBadger

Jul-10

Welcome! You're making a great decision to quit, and to come here for support. You'll find the people here are kind and supportive, ready to help. The re is some great reading material, too. I know you can do this! 

Ovivi

Jul-10

You’re doing it, Mike! Keep going!

SusanK1960

Jul-10

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on starting to quit and good for you choosing “day one” instead of “one day”!

Ambrose1991

Jul-10

Thanks for all the support guys, I appreciate it :)

Nope62

Jul-11

HI and Welcome!

I wish you lot's of luck on your quit! I had the longest quit I ever had using Chantix. It was for 17 weeks, then like the fool I am I gave up the quit. That was several years back.

Read all your can here. The moderators are great help. Post often! Let us know if you are having any problems. We will try to help!

Remember that you are giving up nothing, but you are gaining so much!

Take Care!

• Edited July 11, 2020 12:04 am  by  Nope62
Jatchat

Jul-11

Congratulations on the decision to quit Mike, Chantix is good, I was on it for about 2 months, then the wheels fell off. In a much better place now. Not that that will happen to you. Good luck with your quit.