About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I'm a quitter   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-15 by RandiMac79; 127 views.
RandiMac79

Jul-15

Hi all,

Looking forward to the support! I reaaaaally want to quit for good this time! I have been sober for almost 11 years and have used smoking as a way to cope with not drinking and all the crappy emotions that come along with that. I have a verrry addictive personality...smoking, shopping....ect. All a way to avoid stuff from my past and current emotions. I've determined that I can't do this by myself and will need some like minded people to give me some motivation. Glad to be here

Hi there Randi,

Welcome.  Everyone here understands nicotine addiction so you are in the right place.  If you haven't started reading all the information here,  I recommend that you begin in the  July Ex-Smoker's thread and read your way through.   Education on nicotine addiction  and support are key to winning this battle.   Stay with us as you go through this process.

These Tools Will Help You Quit Smoking

TinyBadger

Jul-16

Welcome! Post an sos if you get desperate and know that everyone here will do anything they can to help you in your quit. Congratulations on your sobriety! That's a huge accomplishment. I started going to therapy and it has helped me process some junk and I feel better. You can do this! 

Loreficent

Jul-16

Hi Randi...

Welcome! This is a good place to be. Tons of support and space to vent and lots of good stuff in the library tab too. Everyone here has and is struggling with the same thing so take comfort in knowing we all “get it”. Tiny is right...post an SOS in the Quit Support tab and tell yourself you will wait for 3 replies before you cave. By that time it will have passed. And if it comes back, just do it again!