About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Visual trigger   Health Support and Encouragement

Started Jul-25 by xvaper; 1053 views.
xvaper

Aug-6

When the nicotine hits the blood vessels contract, and when the levels go down (after you finish the cig) they relax...until the next nicotine hit. That's how it happens.

Jatchat

Aug-6

It's mind over matter, so the saying goes, I haven't discovered the right attitude it seems constantly busting my quit, I guess the smokes are too handy, Try try again but it's no use doing the  same thing over and over again, this morning put on a 14 and 7 mg patches and am sucking  on a 4 mg lozenge, no cravings, Success!

Kind regards

Anthony

xvaper

Aug-6

That's great! do the best you can, and don't lose heart.

overdoz

Aug-7

Yeah i know they are more expensive than regular patches but the nicoderm cq work better than generic transdermal patches in my opinion, there are coupons if you google nicoderm cq. Anyway i had something bothering me all day today, just havent felt that happiness yet in my quit as the other time back in the spring, some quits are like that, not a good sign though. You did real good Anthony you had made it 7 or 8 weeks last time i believe, did you just have an incredible craving or was it mental?

Jatchat

Aug-7

10 Weeks, It was just a whim, a transitory feeling, I let my guard down, now I am paying for it, I will try the CQ patch, I have been using Nicotinell they're not working

overdoz

Aug-7

10 weeks is some good time, but i understand i have lost quits at the 4 month even the 6 month mark. 

Yeah the nicoderm cq is what i had used years ago when i had a 2 year quit under my belt, all other patches i have used since then only cause cravings and all i do is think about cigs at night. 

Jatchat

Aug-7

I bought last night the Nicabate,  but it's not CQ, don't know where I can get that? did you say try Amazon? I will try another pharmacy if this doesn't  work, going OK so far

overdoz

Aug-7

yeah thats what has worked for me the nicoderm cq, they have coupons if you google online. Here in the states we have 3 major drugstores that carry it Walgreens/Boots Alliance, CVS, and Riteaid.

I dont know what pharmacies ou have in Australia, Amazon should have it for sure.. For me its been a game changer as far as having no cravings, with the other patches i was craving at night as if all the nicotine had disappeared from the patch, small price to pay instead of buying packs and smoking one or two and then crushing packet and starting over, that is so disheartening. 

Have a good day.

Jatchat

Aug-7

They'res heaps. I'll have to do a search,