About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Small patch struggle   Quit Support

Started Jul-25 by TinyBadger; 979 views.
TinyBadger

Jul-29

It is very nice. My husband I have always lived here, our families too. I have two dogs, one is a black standard poodle named Cooper  and one is some kind of pointer cross. He was a rescue from the Indian reservation in Browning. He had a lot of baggage, but we love him. His name is Osiris. There's a really neat farmers market downtown  on Saturdays but ended because of covid. I love stuff like that. Or there's a place called phillipsburg with this candy store that is amazing! All the old times stuff and they make their own fudge. The huckleberry is sooooo good. I guess it's owned by Jehovah's witnesses so a lot of the town is closed on Saturdays. Worth the drive on a nice Sunday. Still not smoking and feeling a lot better today. Maybe I just needed a little bit to adjust. How are you? Do you have pets? Kids? I don't have any kids, I can't. So I live through my pets. How many days quit are you? 

euknight

Jul-30

Hey Tiny,

Wow it all sounds so nice!”!  Sigh. Love markets too!   I couldn’t have kids either and my dogs are my kids.  Tabitha, German Shepherd (Tab) and Jackson black Lab/Border mix. Tab dug a huge hole in the yard last night when some friends were over to swim....I don’t even want to go out there and look at it.....lol!!!

First time I met a Standard Poodle was up in the mountains!!  What cool dogs they are!!  I had no idea!!  Cooper.  That Osiris is an unusual name....pronounced like Ah seer us?  Like a Native American Indian name?

Glad your quit is going well.  I think I have 80 something days.  Lol.  Feeling ALOT better.  My friend that was over last night is a heavy smoker.  Got to tell her all about the quit.  It was a good thing.

Have an awesome smoke free day!

Peggy

5-8-20

euknight

Jul-30

Yes, you go girl and hang in there!!  Every day smoke free gives the body and mind one more day to heal and that is one more day to a forever quit!!

I look forward to the day when all the nico receptors have shut down forever!  I like picturing that in my mind!  They are not getting fed so they are fizzling or fading out.  Lol!

Have a great smoke free day!

Peggy

5-8-20

Lubbercat

Jul-30

Euknight

Thank you and I am continuing onwards.......Today so far has been a little rocky but, getting ready to run out the door for a little bit and that will help.  Working from home does have a few of it's own challenges for me with the spouse out back smoking all the time.  

Congrats on 80 some days, that is awesome!  Hopefully when I get there, being home will be getting a little easier!  

You and Tiny talk about dogs.  My children are all grown and the grand kids during the school year are seldom here so, my dogs are also our children!  We have a Shepard/Great Pyrenees mix, a Black lab, and a golden retriever.  Then we have a cat that was abandoned when he had a broken leg........They are all such babies and are spoiled rotten in my house.  

euknight

Jul-30

Thanks!!  Oh I love your animals!!!  Love all those breeds and know them well!!!

Peggy

5-8-20

TinyBadger

Jul-30

Is like oh Sigh Russ. He's the God of the underworld, judge of the dead to Egyptians. It's latinized to mean powerful. Truthfully, my husband named him, and it's so appropriate because he can be quite a handful. That's an understatement, really. But we love him. Osiris digs holes, too. We are constantly filling in holes. This is the first year he hasn't dug up my lilys and eaten all the bulbs. Maybe you'll inspire your friend to quit, you never know!

TinyBadger

Jul-30

Your dogs sound adorable! I have a soft spot in my heart for Pyrenees. So beautiful. Labs can be a lot of fun, too! My neighbor has a golden retriever and she is so sweet. They are our babies, too. We give them everything we can think of, but their favorite is the puppy pool. I love watching them splash and lay down in it. We get bark boxes for super chewers and they deliver toys and treats to your house. We bought a bunch of them at Christmas for the dogs at our local shelter. My husband loves dogs so much. Careful, he might dognap yours!

Lubbercat

Jul-31

I would have to get very upset with your husband!  LOL  Our dogs have someone home with them every day since my husband is on disability.  When he is away, we normally take them into doggy daycare so they are not left alone.  Mostly the Shepard/Pyrenees has severe separation anxiety so we try to avoid them being alone at all cost!  We had a puppy pool last year but, this year we have been taking them to an area that they have a doggy beach.  The retriever loves to swim, the other 2 just want to get their legs wet!