About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Weaning off Chantix    Health Support and Encouragement

Started 7/29/20 by Eve1973; 5616 views.
In reply toRe: msg 23
Eve1973

Jan-2

So another month has passed, still having craves/thoughts, the cravings are easily dismissed, but the thoughts are maddening. Seriously why after all this time should I still THINK about it. But I know I’m NOT crazy because others further along and a lil behind me are still “thinking “ about it!

Just shows how much this addiction had over me! I would not let a human treat me this bad, had no idea I actually was doing this to myself! Anyway moving on to weaning off......I have started the new regime!

Now 1/2 pill every morning

1/2 pill at night every other day

So will do this for another 30days and hope I can get thru this!

I know I am weaning off sloooooowly but this is what’s best for me!

gkim

Jan-2

It’s ok to do it slowly. The important thing is you’re not smoking and you are weaning. Nice

Loreficent

Jan-3

Wow Eve. There is an angle that I’m sure many of us haven’t taken with this the power of addiction; “ I wouldn’t let a human treat me this bad”. 
Hmmmm. Definitely not. What a good way to look at it and fuel our fight! Thanks!

In reply toRe: msg 27
Cocoa60

Jan-18

Great going Eve.  Think I took 6 to 9 months to wean off Chantix.  Hardly notice since

I smoked 38 years across 40 years.  So very glad it's way back in the past. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

In reply toRe: msg 26
Eve1973

Mar-2

Ok it’s been a rollercoaster of craves. But I kept the dosage longer because of that.....I did finally cut that down by doing the at night pill every 2 days.....did that for 2weeks.

So now I my only dosage is 1/2 a pill in morning......going to try that probably til end of month or if I feel can do sooner I will start skipping days earlier. For me its what I feel my body is telling me. I’m excited to be free of the meds, but I really am apprehensive about just cold turkeying it! Yes I made that word up.....lol

So you are caught up......will post more when changes, but so far yes thoughts, and all that goes with it, but easy to dismiss. 

Hugs to all in the journey to freedom!

In reply toRe: msg 30
Eve1973

Apr-13

So just to update this thread.......I started doing every 2 days I would take the Chantix, but then I 

Got Covid........

so needless to say I had absolutely no desire to smoke, so I just stopped the Chantix. It’s been almost 2weeks without it, so I am clear and free from NRTs. 

End of my story for weaning off Chantix.....oh and my Covid story, still a lil under weather, but feeling better everyday! 

Cheers to all who quit, you just don’t know how happy I am to have quit and be successful before I got Covid. 

I hope everyone in their journey to freedom learns ONE THING....... doesn’t matter how you succeed, using NRTs or cold turkey.....it’s JUST SUCCEEDING!!!

• Edited April 13, 2021 11:27 am  by  Eve1973