About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

to all   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-30 by Ninajohns; 499 views.
Ninajohns

Jul-30

hey my name is john. iam trying to stop smoke and today’ i smoked only 3 cigarettes .while others days i use to smoke 1pack .the  other cigarettes that i was  left it with. i flashed them away so i have hours nows without smoking 

Lubbercat

Jul-30

Congratulations on your decision to stop smoking.  Are you going cold turkey or using NRT?  The first day is the worst but, jump on July 2020 New ex-smokers group and read, read, read.  There is lots of good information to help you through it all.  Also, post lots.  It keeps your fingers busy and many people out there that are willing to help.

EliNish

Jul-30

Hi John. I'm like you - I am cutting down while I get my plan into place. I'll be looking through here for ideas and suggestions on how to make the plan an actual action. Good luck with your first day!

TinyBadger

Jul-30

Hi, John, and welcome! It's nice to meet you! You'll find a lot of people going through the same things you are, so post away! I'm glad you decided it's time to quit. It's the beginning of a new chapter and I know you can do it! Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. We're here for you.

melsy12

Aug-2

Good luck to you! You can do this. I’m on day 7 and yes the struggle is real but I try looking it as having a bad falling out with a very good friend that hurt me very bad. So I just have to heal from it and move on and stick to my faithful and true friends!!! I also went cold turkey. Had a melt down Friday and just went to bed early to get the day over. Was so proud the next day that I didn’t cave 

Good for you Melsy...way to go. Day 7 and Cold Turkey. You have got thru Hell Week and now onto Heck week. This will be a little easier than the first week but you will still be in a fog. You can do it. Drink ice water thru a straw, walk or exercise, journal, sing, distract, distract, distract. I quit CT July 2018 and now have 2 years of freedom. Take the NOPE pledge here every morning to commit to not smoking TODAY....One day at a time. Keep your eyes on the prize. You can do it. Be passionate and patient with your quit. Be tenacious and determined. And you can make it thru. Keep going and don't give up. FIGHT!!! Going to bed early was one way to get thru a day without smoking. Just take one day at a time. Please message me if you need support. 

Gloria

Freedom since July 2018...How Sweet it is!!sunflower

Lyney

Aug-3

Hi John, good for you. It may be helpful to cut back before you quit. Have you chosen a date? Go for it! You'll find lots of support on this forum, welcome!

Lyney

Aug-3

You've come to the right place for ideas. You can check out the articles and the discussions for inspiration, or just start a discussion.

Have you chosen your quit date? Is this your first time? 

I quit on June 30th so it's been a little over one month and I've had ups and downs but I'm so happy I quit and to have stuck with it. One day at a time... 

Good luck!

melsy12

Aug-3

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. So awesome you have 2 years in. I can’t wait for that. I know I can’t pick up another one because yes it got somewhat easier by the end of week one and I don’t want to go thru that he’ll again. Some of those times were really tough. I know I am still thick in the woods but I will take one day at a time like you said. Thanks again. 

xvaper

Aug-5

Congratulations on your decision. There is a lot of support here.

Best of luck.