About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TACO TUESDAY! Nope Pledge 8/11/2020   General Chit-Chat

Started Aug-11 by Eve1973; 170 views.
Eve1973

Aug-11

Good Morning my forum family,

Today will be a rough day, due to an anniversary of my Brother’s death. Yes he died of lung cancer at the age of 43. So NO I WILL NOT SMOKE TODAY, but I implore you, if you are on the fence to smoke, to NOT DO IT! I was 7 years younger than him, and have surpassed his age now, always wonder what life would be like if he was still around. Everyone here most likely has experienced a loss of a loved one..... so today to honor all of the missed souls, take my hand and say NOT ONE PUFF EVER! 

Hugs to all

Eve 1/30/2020

TinyBadger

Aug-11

Eve, I'm so sorry. I bet you miss him a lot. Know that I'm thinking of you today. I pledge nope today too, and promise not to smoke. I know we can do this, and keep in our hearts all that have passed on. 

xvaper

Aug-11

Hi Eve, so sorry, that is a tragedy, so young.

My father dies of Heart condition caused directly from smoking. He went through several heart attacks and was a shell of himself.

He was 67.

And I still smoked/vaped. How ridiculous.

NOPE today!

In reply toRe: msg 3
Eve1973

Aug-11

Agreed, but we are now taking our lives back one day at a time! I have probably lost 3 parents due to smoking and a brother, hope we can remember all those who have passed, and honor them by NOT SMOKING! 

hugs to all

CC to TinyBadger
Loreficent

Aug-11

Will jump in today and join you Eve with a great big hug for you. heart

Jatchat

Aug-11

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your loved ones Eve, which makes it all the more necessary to pledge NOPE today, I invite others who may be considering quitting to join us

Kind regards

Anthony

Carrington Falls, Robertson NSW, I visited yesterday. Awesome power, Nature.

Ovivi

Aug-11

Thinking of you Eve, I’m so sorry about your brother.

I pledge NOPE with everyone here today.