About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/31/20 by Terry (abquitsmking); 20745 views.
Loreficent

10/25/20

That’s what I hear! Well, Tiny...you just keep that piled up white stuff over there on that side of the Range. I don’t do snow tires, but carry chains for when I go to the Mountain, and for the rare ice PDX may get. This year I’m actually hoping for a ton of snow days. In 2008 it snowed over a foot and a half and Shut.Us.Down. It was over Xmas too! Was very fun for Daughter as she was 5.  Of course is misplaced Midwesterners always get a chuckle at the PNW Natives trying to drive it in. Lol! Look out!! Best bet is for this of us that have experience driving in it is to just stay off the road...maybe sidewalks too! Lol!!joy

TinyBadger

10/25/20

There are the people who are too cocky and drive fast and brake hard in the snow. Then there are the super slow drivers. They are both dangerous, I assure you. I love the snow! Although it's going to melt later this week. sob

Loreficent

10/25/20

Hi Joel!

Did you have a relaxing Sunday? So you found a place to get Kombucha? I’m very excited for you to try it! Don’t worry about hurting my feelings if you don’t like it. Many folks don’t. But...they are just crazy anyway! joy
I would say ask them for some with Cayenne Pepper since you like this. Usually that is mixed with like Mango or something tropical and is very good. Start with that or another fruity one or berry or cherry one maybe. If they have Jun this is the best.

Well...I work in a medical clinic Joel. All I will say is, I do know better than to have smoked. This is why I hid it all the time. It was never something I shared because I was very embarrassed about doing it. Now, I can talk to people about it honestly and feel my experience can help others. I think it helps them to have me be honest and tell them I know how hard it is and never be judgmental. We all know this will not help anyone, right? For me, I could keep it separate and the rationalization had so many layers. So many secrets that I always felt very ashamed. I have a lot to learn yet about some things inside my head with it for sure, and I will. But I always felt bad about it and also always worried about what it was doing to my body. So, yeah... shame is not productive and actually becomes part of the problem. But I learn more every day. Every single day. blush Let’s stay quit. 

Loreficent

10/25/20

The best snow is melted snow! Hahaha! 
No...I do like it to. Just for shorter periods than what I grew up with. It’s kind of nice when we get it here as we all know it doesn’t last here long. That year though, it was around about 10 days and the kids got a whole extra week off school added to their Winter Break. Yeah...no reason to drive fast in it for sure. 

Loreficent

10/25/20

Forgot to say, that is just too cold. You are not used to this right? Isn’t where you are from very tropical? I have to look at a map. Portland is very very rainy in the Winter, and not very warm, but usually only a little snow, not for long. Sometimes it will rain 24 hours straight though. 

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/26/20

Hi Lorie!i will definitely try to get the one you suggested. Mango and spice.. Yum! I was about ti go today but i had some assignments to do.wow Lorie so you know a lot of medicines right?My mom is an Ayurvedic doctor by the way. She was in government service and got retired last year and now she have a clinic in my hometown.Its being 1 year i have seen her and i miss her somuch.Thats a great accomplishment Lorie.  i have  too closet smoked a lot.You can be proud of yourselves you are a great motivation for all the smokers trying to quit.

Yes Lorie, i am not used to this extreme weather conditions.i just know how harsh the last winter was. I was here last winter. Its no fun going outside without proper gears. I always stayed between   19 degree to 27degrees. I  really like winter. We are not staying outdoors for extended periods.oh you have a real good climate in Portland. Winter that doesnt last long seem more enjoyable. People here often complains about the climate. They tell that as they experience more the number of winters, they hate the winter more and more.

Making snowball and throwing at friends is a great fun and laughter. I really want to?? throw a snowball at you Lorie????

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/26/20

Why the smileys appear as question mark?

Loreficent

10/26/20

Hahaha! Throw a snowball at me you say?? You better figure out those smiley faces first Joel! Hahahaha! Oh boy. I had 4 older brothers. Bring it on. Haha! Maybe this doesn’t translate well. What I mean is, I can hold my own in a snowball fight! That actually sounds kind of fun Joel. You have such a cheerful way of looking at life! It is very refreshing. 

I’m not sure anyone knows that much about medicine Joel. There is a reason it is called “practice “. I am not an MD though. Hard to explain, so let’s talk about snowballs instead! Hahaha! 
That is interesting about your Mom being an Ayurvedic. I bet you do miss her a whole lot. 

Tomorrow is Kombucha for Joel! Yay! And no buying smokes when you go out either. grin
So, emojis only show up here if you use the ones at the top maybe, although I don’t recognize a couple of yours so maybe that isn’t true? You my friend are the computer guru!! You teach me! Haha! blush

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/26/20

Good morning Lorie!, yes.. Those smileys were of snowman, i was not able to find a snowball . Yes i need to throw snowballs at youit would be real fun. Lets test your snowball fighting capacity Lorie.

Yes, if someone knew very much about medicines, he would have created a medicine for Covid by now. May be, you could give it a try??

Yeahh!i am out for Kamboucha today!a hot cup of Kamboucha in this winter sounds comforting!yes you are right Lorie, the forum only displays the top of the line smileys.How is it today in Portland? Rain? Do you like rain?