About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/31/20 by Terry (abquitsmking); 19077 views.
Loreficent

10/26/20

Hahaha! Throw a snowball at me you say?? You better figure out those smiley faces first Joel! Hahahaha! Oh boy. I had 4 older brothers. Bring it on. Haha! Maybe this doesn’t translate well. What I mean is, I can hold my own in a snowball fight! That actually sounds kind of fun Joel. You have such a cheerful way of looking at life! It is very refreshing. 

I’m not sure anyone knows that much about medicine Joel. There is a reason it is called “practice “. I am not an MD though. Hard to explain, so let’s talk about snowballs instead! Hahaha! 
That is interesting about your Mom being an Ayurvedic. I bet you do miss her a whole lot. 

Tomorrow is Kombucha for Joel! Yay! And no buying smokes when you go out either. grin
So, emojis only show up here if you use the ones at the top maybe, although I don’t recognize a couple of yours so maybe that isn’t true? You my friend are the computer guru!! You teach me! Haha! blush

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/26/20

Good morning Lorie!, yes.. Those smileys were of snowman, i was not able to find a snowball . Yes i need to throw snowballs at youit would be real fun. Lets test your snowball fighting capacity Lorie.

Yes, if someone knew very much about medicines, he would have created a medicine for Covid by now. May be, you could give it a try??

Yeahh!i am out for Kamboucha today!a hot cup of Kamboucha in this winter sounds comforting!yes you are right Lorie, the forum only displays the top of the line smileys.How is it today in Portland? Rain? Do you like rain?

Loreficent

10/26/20

Oh, now I’m sad! I want to have the snowmen you sent me! 
Good morning Joel! We have some sun this morning so far, but cold. 3°C. Yuck. That’s ok as I’m going for a run today to get rid of all the calories from what my daughter made for me last night! joy She took my World’s Best Chocolate Milk and mixed it with my favorite coffee ice cream in the blender! It was sooo good! 
Wait...Joel...Kombucha is not hot. But now, you make me want to try it and see! Maybe it would be good hot? I will have to do an experiment. Kombucha has bubbles. My guess is if you heat it, the bubbles disappear. But it might still be good? Also, if you heat it too much, it would kill all the good bacteria in it maybe. 
Ok...how do we have a snowball fight on here Mr Computer Guru?? joygrinninggrin! I think you are right. It would be very fun!!

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/26/20

What?? Kambucha is not hot??i dont think heating Kambucha is a good idea Lorie if its supposed to be served cool. Chocolate milk with icecream.. It would be a great combination.

Yes why not miss medical expert?? We will have a snowball fight here.. In either ways i am gonna win

Loreficent

10/26/20

Oh no you are not! I grew up in snow Mr Guru. I know many tricks! Haha! You know what else is fun? Building a snow fort. We would start one with the first heavy snow and then build on it all Winter! Was so fun. Sometimes would be out there for hours inside the fort and it would actually be warm with no wind. My mom used to bring hot chocolate to us in there. Sometimes she would stay and read too. We used to have sleds and our dog would pull us, but she never went far! joy She loved snowballs though and loved to catch them. We all had ice skates too and played hockey. So fun. Now maybe I am missing the snow for a minute. 
OK. That minute is done! joyjoy

• Edited October 26, 2020 2:17 pm  by  Loreficent
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/26/20

Is it an igloo you built?? Oh so you are an eskimo right??Lorie you had an awesome childhood for sure. How was your day? did you had work? I was not able to buy Kamboucha.. I had a lab work to do. That didnt show any error but there was always a critical error popping up at the final shift.. O my!it spoiled my day. Finally i fixed it. The work was to install a domain controller, configure two servers with failover clusters and to finally share files across the systems.if i was a smoker, i would have finished a pack by now.

Loreficent

10/26/20

Not an igloo, really, but kind of I guess! Was so fun. I did have a good childhood mostly. Lots of fond memories. Other stuff too like we all have, but this makes us aware hopefully.

Oh, no Kombucha?? Bummer. Joel, maybe this domain controller thingy with fall over clusters was bad because a smoker shared it’s files and made the systems sick. Did you think of this? I see that problem straight away!! Hahaha! Lol! joy
Glad that darn thing didn’t have you smoking! Another victory! Yay!

No you should celebrate with Kombucha!

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/26/20

Haha, it seems there were some smokers file in the domain controller. I like the way you relate all aspects of life with that of a non smokers life. Its motivating me a lot to stay quit and healthy. Yeah, Kambucha on the list tomorrow.i am going to be invincible after drinking Kambucha.i hope you had a great day Lorie

Loreficent

10/26/20

Oh good. Motivation helps me too. My day was good! I ran for a little over an hour, napped for a little over an hour. Then I walked down my ballot for our election and sent it off with a kiss into the box! stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye The walk was really nice. Still cold enough for a coat, but sun on the changing leaves. Lots of people have Halloween decorations out. Some of them are outrageous and funny! Is this a big thing there too? Then walking back I saw lots of little squirrels and they always make me smile. So busy! 
Well, Joel, see...you have another language I know very little about as computer language is very foreign to me, and certainly NOT English! Haha!

You work tonight? Stay away from the smokers! 

• Edited October 26, 2020 10:34 pm  by  Loreficent
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/27/20

I am sure you made pretty good decision by voting??????. Oh yes i love squirrels. I feed them with bread crumbs. They are so happy amd energetic. Back in India, squirrels at my place were much small. Here in Quebec, they are much bigger, and easily mingle with us humans.