About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sunday 9/6/2020 Nope pledge    General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-6 by Eve1973; 131 views.
Eve1973

Sep-6

Good Morning!

Beautiful morning to do stuff, then why am sitting on my IPad? Lol........but of course I today Pledge Nope! The other night I sat with a smoker and it smelled SO GOOD. He offered one to me, but I said No thanx. Then we had a whole conversation about how some people can stop when they want (yes I know these people) , but explained to him that if I smoked I would be back to buying them. I know me! The Nicodemon failed! So be strong everyone and just say NO!

Hugs to all.......please join me!

Eve 1/30/2020

kittymom413

Sep-6

Hi there, Eve,

I will gratefully join you in pledging NOPE today, we really are stronger together!

You are so right, we can never have just 1 cigarette because we will right back to where we started. I blew an almost 6 year quit after my grandmother & sister died within months of each other. When I went home for the funerals I stayed at my aunt's house & she was a smoker. One day she offered me one & I thought to myself "I'm strong, I can have just one" WRONG! I ended up smoking for 6 more years until I found this forum. Moral of the story is that this is an addiction, and a nasty one at that. We can never let our guard down because you never know...maybe you can have just one, but I'm betting that will never be the case. I know that if I ever smoke again I will never quit. That's one of the reasons why I still come here almost every day to make my pledge.

So today we pledge Not One Puff Ever for all the world to hear...who wants to join us?

Have a fantastic smoke free day,

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

euknight

Sep-6

Right there with you Eve and Kitty, pledging NOPE.

Was offered one in a dream the other night and was so ready to smoke it but thought about y’all and turned it down.  So from this I can reiterate, .a quit group makes a huge difference.

Gee...have not had that happen in person.  Yuck.....Good for you for turning it down Eve and for you sharing that story Kitty.

Keep up the good work and I hope all are having a great Labor Day weekend!

Anyone to join us?

Peggy

5-8-20

TinyBadger

Sep-6

I'll join you in pledging nope today! Not today, nicodemon, not today. Anyone else?