About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

5 months not smoking but my brain is still trying to lure me back in    General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-19 by Danhugs; 5140 views.
Msg 6181.46 deleted
Loreficent

Oct-17

Hey Dan...

Haven't seen you on for a bit? You still going strong and riding that bike? Hopefully the quit is going well! Let us know.blush

Danhugs

Oct-20

Hi . I'm doing good. The exercise stuff always helps. It Is the quickest and best way to remove the white lies my sub conscious keeps trying to slide into my daily thoughts. Was having good think about the will power idea the other day. Although the quitting smoking is a huge test of my will, but it is getting easier. It has helped me realise that my whole life is a test of my will. My human mind was never designed to have this much choice and access to excess. My virtues have become easier to see from my ability to recognise my vices. Balance feels like freedom. Hope everyone else is doing really well as we head towards Christmas. Easy is shallow hard is deep . 

Loreficent

Oct-20

Oh, you’ve said a lot here. Thanks for saying you are doing good. I always wonder when I don’t see folks for a while if they either gave up and are smoking again, (which of course I would never judge harshly) Or if they just found this place where their mind is free from the chains and have no more thoughts about it and are just off doing well and living life. 
I have to think about this...“not designed to have this much choice and access to excess.“ Maybe this a key to something I need to understand better. Right now, so many things I want to understand better for sure, but the smoking thing at least gives a sense, just a small sense, but one of some control in my life where so many things just are what they are. For me, balance just feels like balance. Which in itself is OK. 
As far as Christmas...I’m sorry, but yuck. Not looking forward to it but also know I will get through it. I do love Winter Solstice. I have a small place in the forest I am going to for this this year and am really looking forward to that. 
Say...aren’t you another month now? Congratulations! Glad you are well.

Danhugs

Oct-21

It has been a while since I have had the opportunity to get out in the countryside. I miss it alot. I was practicing meditation last night. Was interesting. Keeping myself centred is helping, I may drift to the left and right but have to be able to make it back to the centre. I'm glad your doing well also and appreciating the seasons. It's a good spiritual connection keeping in touch with the weather and what's going on. That's is why when I go walking and "wild camping" . Which I call camping. I pick a day and go no matter the weather. I have an urge to go walking without a destination. but that will have to wait. 

Loreficent

Oct-22

Meditation is good. Especially now I think, with quitting, the state of the world, pandemic, etc. It is a good respite. Do you mean drift to the left or right while meditating or just while walking through life? Or both? joy
Yes, keeping in touch with nature overall pretty much is my spiritual practice so to speak. That said, why am I dreading the change to Winter so badly? I think it is the coming cold this year mostly as I’ve been outside so much. Don’t really like wearing all the stuff it takes to stay cozy in the cold. 
Do you mean like what they call a walk about? Where you go for an extended time? Where would you do that if it could be anywhere in the world? Oh...that’s a hard question. Not sure I could pick just one area. Well, make the plan. I’ve found this to be helpful for the things I cannot do right now, to at least be planning them. Maybe give yourself a time frame, like “In one year I’m going to....”.  Just don’t let it wait too long if it is something you really want to do. Time has a funny way of getting away from us! On to month 7, right? Are the craves a lot better now?

• Edited October 22, 2020 10:58 pm  by  Loreficent