About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2 weeks of quitting after 11 years of smoking    General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-22 by JannoJohn; 157 views.
JannoJohn

Sep-22

Hi Guys ,

Glad to meet all the ex smokers out here . 

My name is Janno John  . I found this platform yesterday only and I thought to share my 2 weeks quitting experience . Really till today it driving me crazy and I feel like I lost my long time friend . Anxiety and depression is on the top. But I made a pledge that I won't smoke again. Wish me luck guys 

Yes we go through a type of shock when we quit and panic and anxiety increases in these beginning months. The first three months are the hardest but they set a new routine and we develop the quit mindset. We are drug addicts and just like hard core drug users we go through wicked tough withdrawal craves both physiological and psychological. We changed our brains once we got hooked and it will take time till your brain rewires and your new lifestyle sets in. So, read everything on this forum and the library thread has plenty of information that we need to be aware of. Keeping the quit mindset is tough but all your forum friends will post words of support and help keep you engaged in your quit. I quit back in 2013 with help of this forum, Allen Carr's book The Easy Way To Quit Smoking, Whyquit.com, and YouTube videos on quitting. We need to use every tool available to stay quit and not fall for the just one thinking. So, take this One Day At A Time and pledge NOPE everyday along with all of us. I wish you great success. relaxed

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

TinyBadger

Sep-22

You won't need luck! You're doing it and that's awesome. It's definitely a rough go, but stay strong and don't smoke! Anxiety and depression suck, I speak from experience. Power through that crap and seek out a physician if you feel overwhelmed with your emotions. I go to therapy and have some medicaid and I don't think I'd be able to quit without it. (I was doing these things before I quit) you can do this, I know you can! Post an sos if you get desperate.

JannoJohn

Sep-22

Hi Debbie ,

Thanks for your great words. As you mentioned I am going through all the quitting tool available in social media and google  ,and that is what keep me going . During the first week I wasn't aware about these symptoms and I got panic ,then I found some of the symptoms from Google and I came to know that it is Common and normal . 

JannoJohn

Sep-22

Hi Tiny Badger ,

Thanks for your great words. I think I can successfully  handle this . I'm becoming more confident after I reach out this forum.