About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New - Completely Miserable & Struggling   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Sep-30 by StruggleHard; 7524 views.
StruggleHard

Oct-29

Thanks, Jaka.  I am working on day 31 and I know you are just a couple of days behind me.  I am following you, too.  I think you have a much better frame of mind than I do, but I'm working on that!

Stay strong!

Jaka38

Oct-29

Actually I'm not sure about that at all. Or at least not all the time. Some time perhaps. I guess I  want to talk myself into it...

After a year we can celebrate anniversary together joy

StruggleHard

Oct-29

Yes!  We'll do that!

livtoswim

Nov-2

Struggle Hard - Yes!! keep going!  Please.  You can do it.  I started quitting  November 14 2017 on this site! That was 3 years ago.  It would be nice if those were 3 smoke free years.  The upside is that I needed alot of practice quitting and the days I didn't smoke my lungs were saved.  This time I am serious.  I have been training for this moment.  I am not  turning another Year 0 birthday as a smoker!  Stick around we got your back! 

StruggleHard

Nov-2

Good luck to you Deanne!  They say it takes multiple attempts and it sounds like you went down to an intermittent smoker.  You can do it!

I'm still having a really, really tough time with this, if I'm being honest, which I realize is not very encouraging to those starting their journeys.  I don't want to be a debby downer.

On the upside, if I can be this horribly uncomfortable in my own skin everyday and still not smoke, then yeah, others can too!!  Because there's no way I have more resolve and willpower than anyone else!

Good luck!

livtoswim

Nov-4

StruggleHard, Keep it easy. 

Thank you for your note.  I appreciate it. It is really hard. I really want to smoke especially during this election.  My roomate has manic issues and can be abusive. My junkie thinking tells me  I have so many reasons to smoke. 

However, I remind myself that smoking is not going to change my circumstances.  The thing I like most about not smoking is that my clothes don't smell like cigarette smoke. 

How about you? What do you like most about being smoke free.

Have a happy healthy day-Deanne

strong1977

Nov-9

you got this! don't give up, I have nine years in without smoking and it is one of the  best decessions i ever made for myself, you can do it!

Liz

StruggleHard

Nov-9

Thank you, Strong! I am working on Day 42 today. It is definitely better than it was a few weeks ago. It is also still not easy at all, but somehow I plug along. 

Msg 6203.47 deleted
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-11

Hey StruggleHard,keep going.we are on the same boat!i am on day 50.its worth fighting.