About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge for Thursday 10/8/2020   General Chit-Chat

Started Oct-8 by kittymom413; 243 views.
kittymom413

Oct-8

Hello all,

I've been having a whole lot of big stressors the past few months as I'm sure all of you do. I was standing at the kitchen sink doing dishes the other day & had a crave that lasted about 1/2 of a second. I start laughing & think to myself what the heck was that? It's funny what your brain will do when you're under stress. I know I will always be addicted to smoking, but smoking is no longer an option in my life & has no power over me...That's why I pledge NOPE!!!

Who wants to join me today in making this simple, but very powerful pledge? Here, take my hand...we really are stronger together!!!

Have an amazing smoke free day, everyone,

(((HUGS)))

Kitty cat

June2019

Oct-8

Thanks for starting today's thread, and for sharing and reminding us that these awful cravings will pop up from time to time, especially when we are feeling stressed & vulnerable. (that bad combo is what did me in on last 2 quits, anyway)

So glad you held fast to your quit!

I'm pledging to no more puffs ever, at least for today

June2019

Eve1973

Oct-8

Hi Kitty and June,

Agree with you totally, the cravings do pop up at  weird times, and that I am an addict! That honestly is a tough thing to admit. But as long as you know you are, you can say “I’m stronger than the addiction”. So that’s what I am saying today....NOT ONE PUFF EVER! Who else will join in!

Eve 1/30/2020

• Edited October 8, 2020 12:52 pm  by  Eve1973
TinyBadger

Oct-8

I'll join everyone saying nope today! I am an addict, that is true, and I can never have one puff again. I simply cannot touch the stuff. However, I am powerful and tenacious and ready to kick this thing in the gipper! 

Jatchat

Oct-8

From an addict, I am stronger than this addiction, I like that phrase, Anyway I will take the pledge, NOPE, there! Who would like to join us? here take my hand.

Kind regards

Anthony