About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 21 - WEEK 3    Quit Support

Started Oct-23 by Jaka38; 11332 views.
Loreficent

Nov-3

Wow Jaka! You are having a heat wave today. 
Ljubljana 19°C.  Portland 7°C. 

I hope you are able to enjoy the warm day you having there and it isn’t all work and chaos. I am watching the Eastern sky unfold from my deck, all wrapped cozy in my blanket with my little dog on my lap and a cup of French Roast. Have been watching since dark was just starting to give way to light. The changes have been breathtaking. It’s been very meditative. A most beautiful colour palette of deep dark blackish blue giving way to very dark pink streaks of clouds, slowly shifting to pink with golden highlights, then over to more gold and only a little pink, and now mostly white with a little golden on the bottom of the cloud fluffs. Amazing. 
I am hoping to go to the bookstore downtown today to get the book you mentioned. I’m not sure if they will be open, but they are supposed to be. Last night was very loud here and I finally fell asleep when the last helicopters seemed to finally fade away and settle somewhere. Reminded me of our Summer. Actually...I’m not sure it has completely stopped since May. I plan to sleep this afternoon. My stepson is driving down from Seattle later as he doesn’t want us alone here. So funny. He is well prepared intellectually for these struggles, and always brings me good insight and comfort and company. Will be good for my daughter to have him here too as she is very anxious right now. I just write it all out here! joy 

Have a good afternoon and evening there. Maybe we will be lucky and get to 16°C too!! 

Loreficent

Nov-3

I realized I didn’t answer your question. Yes, trapeze like in the Circus. Her dream is to be part of Cirque du Soleil. It’s funny though because later that day after I wrote that, she was asking me about “day jobs”! She wanted to know what I thought she would like and be good at, etc. She has been with a local training/ performing company for 6 years now. It’s been really hard with the pandemic this year as they obviously have not been able to meet in person for months. In the summer, they put on shows around here and Seattle. Last year they went to San Diego. She was supposed to go to Montreal this summer for a training program there, and it got canceled. It was sad. I was going to go for a couple of weeks and visit there and Quebec. Ha! I could have met Joel!grinning. So we are not sure if she will go next year if they have it because she will be 18. I think she will continue with training and small companies locally no matter what as it really is a true love of hers and she is good at it. Me, I’m not always so good at watching my child do some of these things joy But I guess it makes me know how she felt to watch me smoke, right? Hmmm. Something to think about. 
Is pouring here now Jaka. I’m actually glad about it as maybe it will keep the expected mayhem to a minimum.

Portland 13°C.  Ljubljana 9°C 

Loreficent

Nov-4

I guess things are heated up here from this morning Jaka, joy

Ljubljana: 9°C.   Portland 15°C 

Hmmm. 
Hope you have a good smoke free sreda day there! grinning

P.S. did I get this word used correctly?

Jaka38

Nov-4

Yup, it's correct joy

Hey, I hope it's not only the weather. You should deserve some warm wind after years of coldness joy

Loreficent

Nov-4

I agree! joy 

Of course the other way to look at it is there has been too much hot air for four years, haha!joy

• Edited November 4, 2020 3:16 am  by  Loreficent
Loreficent

Nov-4

So I am off to bed. Want to hear something scary? So I actually just had the thought of “I’ll go out and have my smoke and get ready for bed”. You know what I mean? Or maybe just like having a memory maybe? Not sure, but it always is unsettling for a minute. I’ve written so much on here today. All over the place, like my mind has just been busy busy busy. Of course some anxiety too. Like also the thought of, maybe I am afraid to wake to bad news. But I’m not staying up more either! joy
Good night from Portland, kissing_heart

• Edited November 4, 2020 3:17 am  by  Loreficent
Jaka38

Nov-4

Good night and sleep tight relaxed

I had a dream. OK, we have dreams all the time, I mean the kind of dream I remember. Guess what was about? Yup, smoking ... I was in a mountain cottage with family, holidays or something. Than I thought of smoking. I made a plan and lying to my wife why I need to go. I went and bought a pack. Smoked one. Feels great. Than a thought popped up: what to do with rest of cigarettes? I called friends to meet in a bar. We were smoking and than I remembered I will have to tell you and people on this forum I smoked and not only one, that would be just a mistake, but whole pack. I felt guilty and ashamed and really happy to wake up. smile

Eve1973

Nov-4

Yep those sneaky dreams...... I have had several of them. Hold onto that feeling of happiness when you woke! You may need that memory in the future! 

Loreficent

Nov-4

joyjoyjoy

I had to put the laughter first Jaka. Only because this is another thing that I think most of us here have experienced! The smoking dreams! Yes, they are normal. Doesn’t it just show how powerful this addiction is that it even lures you in your sleep? They suck, those dreams. I’ve had a few and really hate it because I do not like dreams in my sleep to begin with!joy Seriously. I hate it when I remember any of my dreams. They give me the creeps. I don’t want to know what dark things my brain is working out! It is it’s job to do this and  I would kindly thank it to keep it hidden! The past few months, all the dreams I remember are about COVID or smoking. Seriously? This is how my subconscious tortures me?? Shame on myself! Haha! joy
Well, still warmer here Jaka. Ljubljana 12°C, Portland 17°C.  So, in other words, we are still full of hot air! joyjoyjoy

Loreficent

Nov-5

What is going on with the wind or the weather Jaka?joy 
Here is the report: Ljubljana 10°C.  Portland 18°C.  So it is even warmer here than during the day! Maybe it is your wish for warm wind after years of coldness after all? We still do not know!joyjoyjoy