About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Eve 9 months. TODAY!!!!!   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Oct-30 by euknight; 491 views.
euknight

Oct-30

Eve,

congrats my sweet girl.  Fabulous milestone today and you have worked so very hard for it!!  So grateful you are in my life.  You make a huge difference to so many on this site.

So proud of you!  Keep up the great work!  9 months...major accomplishment.  Hugs to you

Peggy

5-8-20

TinyBadger

Oct-30

You're doing a great job! I'm so proud. You've worked so hard to get where you are, so don't give in! Not one puff ever! Thanks for always supporting me and everyone here. You're a positive influence on all you reach out to. Stay strong, my friend!

Loreficent

Oct-30

Saint Eve!!!   

Oh. My Gosh....you e been doing this long enough to have a baby!! Woohoo!! 9 months. Wow. And this moon to help the celebration! full_moon

Well...Eve...I likely wouldn’t be here without you. And of course, I feel like a heel that I was having my little tantrum this morning and didn’t get enough outside myself to notice the darn date!!! I’m sorry Eve! 
You go Lady! You are DOING THIS!!! And with such kindness and grace and humour...You are a rock! 
Thank you Eve. For being you, for being here, for embracing all of us.

Highways Beware!! We are gonna blaze some trails girlz!!!heartpulseheartbeatsparkling_heart!!

JoelJose

Oct-31

Congratulations Eve!!!9 months. Thats a great Noping job.no doubt you have put a  lot of courage,hardwork and dedication achieving this milestone.You made it.keep fighting!you are stronger than you think.

Eve1973

Oct-31

Lol about the baby! I actually thought the same thing! Closest I ever got. 

No matter where you are in your quit , Joel, Tiny, Peggy I listen  to your trials and tribulations and I go, Yep remember that and can help, and thank god I don’t have to go back to the early days. I remember being so exhausted and no concentration what so ever that for me lasted for months. I’m actually not sure if I could have gotten through it WITHOUT being on lockdown and the support of this wonderful Forum! So positive note on Lockdown and forum!

Thank you all so Much I really hope that I WILL BE CONGRATULATING YOU! So keep it up, take it one day at a time during the tough days, and when you have a GREAT DAY, think about the future and how different you feel. Feel the long inhale without coughing or wheezing? 

Quick story, when we were little my Mom would take us to the Pocono Mountains and we had to go through  a tunnel. Well the game was to hold your breath til other side. Always did it even when I went and drove. It was SO HARD when was a smoker......in August when went, easy peasy! So look for the little things that have improved when you are not smoking. 

Have a fantastic day and breath deeply! Hugs to all!

• Edited October 31, 2020 7:57 am  by  Eve1973
SusanK1960

Oct-31

When I was younger, we would carve our pumpkins and put a candle in the bottom.  At dark, Mom would light the candle for the glow effect.  Nowadays, a tea light is used, which is good for us non-smokers cause we got rid of our lighters!   

Congratulations on being fire-free for 9 months!

Jaka38

Oct-31

Congratulations Eve. That's really wonderful you came this far. Especially to go through tunnel in this manner. We were just discussing in other post is it light at the end of a tunnel or is that just another train coming. Than I read about holding a breath which is totally new way of looking at it joy

Wishing you NOPE forever

Eve1973

Nov-1

Thank you so much! 

Susan you are definitely paving the way for us to get to your status of the 1 year mark! I hope to join you soon!

Jaka keep up the good work! You will come out that Tunnel and the “light” will brighten your life! Remember one step at a time, and you will reach the end and be so HAPPY you kicked the addiction! 

CC to Jaka38
Loreficent

Nov-1

I absolutely LOVE what Jaka said about not knowing if it is light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming at him!! joy
So funny Jaka. I totally relate and I’m certain Eve does too. I also love your holding breath trick Eve. That’s fun! I turned BLUE! blue_heart

CC to Jaka38
  • Edited November 1, 2020 10:56 am  by  Loreficent
euknight

Nov-1

Hmmmmmmm...ok I like the analogy of the train coming at me too, Jaka and Lore.  Eek, must be watching too many Halloween flicks?  No, I think the magnitude of a huge heavy train barreling down on you IS the perfect way to capture the essence of what it is like to quit!! Non-smokers May look at that like...”gee what a big baby!”  or maybe it is the distinct disadvantage of Experiencing feelings so deeply.....coupled with physical withdrawals of course.....sigh.

Thank you Eve for your lovely simplicity!!!!  Love you.  It is so cool how we all have different gifts to share with each other and they really ALL go such a long way to help heal each other!!!

Super cute Halloween cat, Susan!!!! Lore, don’t ever beat yourself up about forgetting during  cave times!!! I am always amazed you have a brain left at all with what you have been going thru in addition to not telling us about the hand....lol.   I was deep in the inner caverns Of grief  myself til I posted here at whatever time it was!!!  It’s just life, friends!!!

Peggy

5-8-20