About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Happy Veterans Day!   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-11 by Loreficent; 296 views.
Loreficent

Nov-11

Hey fellow Veteran Quitters!

Happy Veterans Day!

To those of you who served, thank you. This day holds special meaning for me, and not just because of the free coffee, meals, retail discounts, and where I live, yes, even a free oil change at Jiffy Lube. One reason it holds meaning is I was the first in my family to serve. This was not a selfless act on my part to enlist, and I am not ashamed to say that. It was a way out of a rut and go nowhere place. I grew up number 8 farm kid and was tired of working two jobs to make it and taking a college class here and there. So I enlisted. It changed the course of my life profoundly and permanently, and I am grateful.

I am sure there are those of you on here who may have served without a choice, and I hope you are grateful for some things about it too. Even if that only thing is that there are others out there who appreciate your service. Our Military is made of people from all backgrounds, all walks of life, all genders, preferences, political beliefs, religions, colors...just like our Nation.  Our Nation is a mess...no doubt about it. No need to slice and dice the personal thoughts of anyone as to why; even though there is much to be learned from those reasons, those are not the answers we need to bring us together. All we need right now is to come together.

May we as a Nation hear the sound of Reveille, Fall In, and Forward March....and Carry On with the Mission. Here on the Forum supporting each other, and in our daily personal lives with ourselves and our Neighbors.

Godspeed America and Happy Veterans Day All.

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-11

Happy Veterans day Lorie.. Let peace be to all. Its a wonderful message from you.v

In reply toRe: msg 2
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-11

Helping hands are always better than praying lips. I am glad you have a pair of helping hands Loriekissing_heartheart_eyes

Loreficent

Nov-11

I agree Joe. I like what you wrote very much about the helping hands being better than praying lips. It is how things are meant to be, I think. Prayers don’t ever hurt, unless things are left to only that instead of using the power we are given with our kind hands and hearts. blush

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-11

Wisdom at its peak. Lorie that's a great eyeopener. Prayers do work wonders. yes,both helping and praying lips are true and beautiful.