About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

One week summary    General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-12 by Mimikur; 287 views.
Mimikur

Nov-12

Hi all,

Hell Week turned out to be not so hellish for me -- yay!

Day 1 - optimistic and hated cigarettes 

Day 2 - nervous about not smoking but no crave 

Day 3 - feeling okay until...

Day 4 - super anxious, nic is out of the system but I SO wanted a smoke

Day 5 - meh but no crave 

Day 6 - forgot what day it was, didn't think about cigarettes 

Day 7 - wow it's day 7! I did it! 

Any new quitters who are reading this -- you can do it! It will get better!

Anne2020

Nov-12

Cheers - was this a cold turkey quite?

Loreficent

Nov-12

That’s great Mimikur! Congratulations! You are through what is called hell week. Now, just keep going as you are an exsmoker or non smoker now and will remain one unless you choose to start again. Good to see your timeline and it’s good for you to have that to reflect on too. You had mentioned having smoked 5-7 a day for like the last five years. Keep in mind it is still normal to have those craves several times a day still. If and when you do, take that moment to say something positive to yourself, like, “oh how nice I don’t have to do that anymore!” Take a nice deep breath and enjoy the sensation of your body and mind healing. It’s a good and positive thing. Keep us posted on how the second week is coming along, one day at a time of course!

Mimikur

Nov-12

Hey Anne! Yes it sort of is. The only thing i did was cut down heavily in the last few days of smoking. Like 3 puffs x 3 times a day as opposed to finishing the whole stick x 7 times a day. It helped me experience the withdrawal earlier but still having the "comfort" of being able to smoke eventually. After doing that for days, it felt ridiculous to not just quit haha. 

Mimikur

Nov-12

Thanks Lore! Your support helps me a great deal! I'm feeling okay now, there are some blah moments but I try not to associate them with smoking. But what's becoming easier is the crave. It's not intense like it was in day 3-4 for me. 

Anne2020

Nov-13

Excellent - and cheers to you.  Its a real gift of life to get past smoking cigarettes and living without them.  I applaud you.   

Mimikur

Nov-13

Thanks Anne! We do have much to be happy about having done this bit in life don't we? Cheers to you!