About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SkyThruTrees 3 YEARS!!!   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Nov-18 by Loreficent; 352 views.
Loreficent

Nov-18

Hey All! 
There is a Trooper and Comrade here that is such a testament to all of us, quietly celebrating his 3 year milestone today, and you all know me, I’m not that quiet. Call out to Mike, down there in Florida!! 
Mike...don’t kill me, but, I had to do this. We all get caught up in our day to day moments and here you are, BEATING CANCER and 3 years smoke free! Yet through treatments and many other challenges, you remain here, a shining star for all of us. Thank you. And CONGRATULATIONS! Way to go, Mike. Such an amazing example of what can be done in so many ways.

star2four_leaf_cloverheart

skythrutrees

Nov-18

I am humbled and thrilled by your message. Two quotes come to mind:

"I guess you don't know how strong you are until you have to be."

And

"It's about whether your wear your scars or they wear you." McLeod's Daughters

Thank you, Lore ♥

Mike

Eve1973

Nov-19

Hey Mike,

Yes I’m echoing Lore’s thoughts and her post! Definitely definitely you are an inspiration! 4 years are on the horizon! Keep going!

Congratulations 3 years already! WOWZERS! 

I still remember when you started this challenge and you've proven that you are no sissy! Stories like yours will inspire new quitters to just keep plugging along day by day and let those days add up. Nice job of NOPING every day. Onto year 4 for you! relaxed

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

skythrutrees

Nov-19

Thanks, Eve!

Congrats on 3 years quit and you staying strong battling cancer. Hope that battle is going well also. I am SO ready for 2020 to be history. Looking forward to 2021 and the end of this plague we battling. Stay well and stay safe.

We kicked cig butt!!! Working on our wings now. 

Gloria

Emancipated since 30 Jul 2018...How Sweet it is!!!sunflower