About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lore 9 months. Woohoo!!!   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Nov-24 by euknight; 765 views.
euknight

Nov-24

Dearest Lore,

Way to go on birthing the 9 months new you!!  Smoke free.  You have been thru a lot and still trudging on.

Thank you for always being there.  Would not have made it this far if not for you and other tribe.

Love ya sista!  You rock!

Peggy 

5-8-20

SusanK1960

Nov-24

Magnificent Lore,  you are 75% over it!  You have made this journey much more pleasurably with you pleasantness and presence on the forum!  Your tribe is just poppin with pride at your accomplishment!  

Congratulations on being an ex-smoker!

• Edited November 24, 2020 9:26 pm  by  SusanK1960
Eve1973

Nov-24

Omg! Boy do I have CRS, 

WAY TO GO CHICK-a-DEE! You have been able to give Birth!

Congratulations!!! 

Thanks so much for riding this magical carpet with me! 

You have truly made this journey tolerable, laughable, cryable sometimes, and definitely definitely entertaining!

Keep going on your path to freedom! Hugs!

• Edited November 24, 2020 9:28 pm  by  Eve1973
TinyBadger

Nov-24

So proud of you! Keep your positive attitude and your quit muscle flexed. You've rocked this quit with elegance and humor. You'll always be part of my tribe. Congratulations!

Loreficent

Nov-24

Hahaha! Oh my goodness! Do you Girlz know how great you all just made my day??? Well, you made it fabulous! Thank you all so much. I actually remembered the day (first time in months joy) as I wrote something on here this morning and realized whilst writing! Then, promptly forgot till I just home from the Grocery which felt like an absolute cesspool for real. Was gonna go early then, got distracted (imagine that!) and then wanted to run and it was pouring so napped instead which put me at the grocery when everyone was off work. I did see one other gal there in a face shield with mask too and we had a moment of solidarity. Was so good, eyes meeting through the fogged plastic, haha. Ok, so where was I? Oh yeah..

Well, it is absolutely true that I would not be here without you all, and even though we’ve not met properly, I would really love that someday as I’ve grown to adore and love each one of you all for sure. You’ve gotten me through so much this year! Smoking, protests and tear gas, heartbreak, lovely and nutty and completely stoned Aunt (and empty ice cream cartons) drenched iPhone, Agaves, tide pools, hikes, fires, smoke, missing and sheltering pups, to just name a few! joy And now you are here for my Birth of my new me! Absolutely LOVE that Peggy!! Eve why didn’t we think of that? Is much better than having a baby at this point in time (for me for sure). Anyway....wow. Thank you all for being here and with me in spirit always because you truly are.  heartyellow_heartgreen_heartblue_heartkissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heart A kiss and heart for each of you! dancer 

Eve1973

Nov-25

I enjoyed the pot smoking, ice cream eating, getting lost Aunt the most! Lmao....bet you can laugh now! You got through it and you didn’t smoke! So you have achieved your “baby crown!”

Loreficent

Nov-25

Oh yes. Wow. What a trip that was! Is pretty funny now. Kind of was at the time too, but stressful. Sure wish we were having that weather now. Just can’t get warm for like 3 days! 

Elizaquits

Nov-30

Hey Lore!

Although I am late to the party, I did want to say congratulations on 9 months!! Man, time flies by! Also, I LOVE what Peggy wrote about the birth of a new you - I had not thought of it in that way. Now that it has been pointed out, I must admit, that is a beautiful thought! 

Loreficent

Nov-30

Right? It almost makes it sound like it’s as good as a year. Glad you’re doing well too Eliza. Thank you! How are things over there? 

Elizaquits

Dec-1

I can't complain! I am thankful to still be smoke free, although my rebirth is still yet to come, haha. As far as cravings go, I am finding that every so often my mind says "okay, finish this [task] and then you can smoke" - although I know I CANNOT smoke! To be fair, it only happens every so often. The last time was over the weekend, I was cleaning the bathroom and while scrubbing the tub, the thought came to me. Other than that, I seem to be okay! I was a little concerned about Thanksgiving, who wouldn't want to smoke after eating all that delicious food?? But, honestly, I don't even think I thought about it that day! 

How are things going for you?