About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 5   Quit Support

Started Jan-5 by klaproblema; 325 views.
klaproblema

Jan-5

Hi guys,

Glad to have found this forum. Today is day 5 and the urge is the heaviest it had been all these days. I’m using 2MG nicoltinell twice a day and quit from moving to IQOS for 2 months. I just thought it would get easier the more days passed.

would be grateful if anyone can help me to a whatsapp group or OR support.

Vickie106

Jan-5

Congratulations on 5 days!  Check out the January 2021 folder under Introductions.  At the start of the folder, the forum Mods have some great information.  I found it helpful to read some past posts.  You’ll find a lot of helpful advice and know you are not alone.  There’s also a daily NOPE pledge under general chit chat - not one puff ever!  
Good luck with your quit - you can do it and it does get easier.  I keep reminding myself that I am doing this FOR me, rather than having something taken From me.  I am not a victim!  One Month and 18 days free!

CarlaLee123

Jan-5

We are Quit Twins. 
I’m also day 5. 
glad you are here

klaproblema

Jan-6

Thanks Vickie... That's a strong reminder. How is your experience beyond the first 3 weeks? Does it get better?

In all of my previous attempts i have usually failed after 1 month of abstinence, so i'm very aware and sensitive this time around.

I think I read at least a dozen of the articles listed by the mods. That is what prompted this journey again (and well my IQOS also died on me :)). 

klaproblema

Jan-6

Hello Twin :)

Thanks for the reply. We should stay connected. I imagine we may have to overcome similar obstacles. 

Vickie106

Jan-6

It improved for me after I hit 1 month.  Before that, it seemed like I was constantly thinking about smoking and having an internal battle not to smoke.  I stopped any NRT - I was using both the patch and gum for really strong cravings - around 1 month also.  I still have urges, but they are less intense.  When I did, I’d usually come on this site and post or read.

Sorry to sound dumb, but what is IQOS?

Have a great, smoke free day!

klaproblema

Jan-6

It's an alternate form of smoking, like an E-cigg.