About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Friday 1/22/ 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Jan-22 by June2019; 183 views.
June2019

Jan-22

Greetings fellow winning quitters!

I'm pledging to keep today smoke free/vape free/nicotine free. Never give in to the cravings and triggers for just one more puff - the momentary relief of a nicotine buzz/hit is nothing compared to waking up without that taste in your mouth and knowing you are breaking free from addiction.

Join me if you wish----

Eve1973

Jan-22

Hi June! You are doing fantastic! You are Heading for the 2year mark! I will join you in pledging NOPE! 

It’s amazing how much this addiction takes away from you! I’m so very happy I was able to get this far! Yes I still have the thoughts and momentary craves but everyday they get weaker, and I’m so empowered by the fact that I am beating this addiction. So if you are wavering today, or even having a good day......join us in saying not one puff ever!

• Edited January 22, 2021 1:05 pm  by  Eve1973
June2019

Jan-22

OMG - you are coming up to your 1 year! Congrats in advance!

I don't visit as much as i should. i posted today because i happened to overhear someone at the market on his phone telling someone how much he was looking at the marlboro display & craving a smoke after a month and a half. I muttered something through my mask from the next aisle about 'don't do it! no!' but i only attracted attention of person behind him. 

so if that guy is on this forum - you better not have given in!

proud of you, Eve - don't let anyone snatch away this accomplishment!

Eve1973

Jan-23

Thanx June! Yes one more week and I never ever thought I would get to this point. This forum has been a savior to me. Gonna keep going, hoping the “Peace” is right around the corner!