About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lore 11 months Go Girl!!   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Jan-24 by euknight; 667 views.
euknight

Jan-24

So proud of you precious Lore!,

Congrats to you for getting here, girl!!  It is just one day at a time.  Your perseverance and example have helped so many.  I am honored to have been a recipient of your comfort, advice and leadership in this sometimes crazy journey!

So worth it!!  Love ya big

Peggy

5-8-20

Eve1973

Jan-24

What! 11 months?? Crazy! In 31 days you will be a year! Congrats to the feisty, take em down, kicking butt girl! 

I know that you will be celebrating very soon with that year mark! 

Thank you for your wisdom, support and insight over this difficult journey! 

HUGS TO YOU!

side note : writing on my phone so not sure how to make big. Just know I am so PROUD OF YOU!

SusanK1960

Jan-24

Hello my sweet friend!

WOO HOO!  11 months of smobriety is fantastic!  I am so proud of you staying the course thru all the obstacles that could have knocked you off your journey!  I hope you have proven to yourself that you have the strength and endurance to stay smoke free because you have sure inspired me!  Start picking out your key!

Susan

not smoking since 10/13/19

gkim

Jan-24

Congratulations Lor! Fantastic!!

Loreficent

Jan-24

Ahhhh....My TRIBE! 
Thank you all so much. Lord knows I wouldn’t be here without each of you! pray

Wow. What a journey, yes? So many many things have transpired this past 11 months. Came on this forum to snoop around a month or so before I stopped and never in my wildest dreams did I think we would have the year we’ve had! So so much to take in, learn from, grow from, laugh about, cry over, dream about...all of it. And you Girlz have been with me every step. Amazing. Do you know how good it feels to have you here, knowing you’ve got my back? Thank you. 
Keys....hmmmm...do I need another key to misplace?? Damn straight I do! This one I’ll burn into my heart, but Susan Love....where is yours??? 
Im very sad it appears we have lost Tiny. I also feel badly about my part in that. Tiny, if you’re out there, I’m sorry about the toughness. It was a different tact I thought might have some positive impact, but seems only to have made you sad. I’d never ever do that intentionally, and I miss you. You are still part of this Tribe and I do hope you’ll come out and hang out again really soon. blue_heart

GKim, nice to see you’re along on this crazy journey with us now! 

Ive been off a bit myself (well, I’m always a little bit off, lol) but not in a bad way. And I’ve been here in Spirit daily with you all too. This is my natural time of year to hibernate some, and I thought maybe I wouldn’t as much with this place to hang out, but I’ve not been inspired to write too much. Don’t worry Eve...the long posts and diatribes will likely be back! You’ve been warned! Haha! Also, a little Georgie update for you....she has a part time job. Wait for it...wait....ok...ready?? IN A WEED SHOP! O.M.G. That poor place...little do they know they likely have an employee who is gonna eat all of their profits!! Lol! I was laughing hysterically when she told me that. Yup. Right in Central Oregon. 3 hours away. Mmmhhhmmmm. Oh boy. She said she is freezing her a** off! She doesn’t have a car anymore. Probably very good. Said she was gonna take the train to see me in the Spring. Oh boy. Well, I might just hop in my car and go see her one of these stretches of days off. Will have to be a long stretch as I’ll need recovery time, lol! joy Oh boy. Aunt Georgie is a Bud Tender! Lol. Official Gummy Tester too I think! Haha! Well, she brings them many years of good experience! joyjoyjoy 

OK, Ladies...I gotta go blow my nose. Seems I’ve caught a doozy of a cold. Sent home Friday, negative Covid test. No fever just lots of snot! 
Thank you all, and I have you all in my heart for sure. Always. kissing_heart

P.S. John still stands tall!!! Maybe he’ll make the year mark with me. I sure hope so!

• Edited January 24, 2021 8:12 pm  by  Loreficent
In reply toRe: msg 4
Loreficent

Jan-24

Thank you GKim! Wouldn’t be here without this place. I know that for a fact. You are rocking this quit too! I’m proud of you!!!

Loreficent

Jan-24

Wait...what?? Did you get a smart phone??? 

euknight

Jan-24

Ah, sweet brave Lore.  Yes it is indeed a blessing to have a tribe that what’s our backs and cares.  Really a privilege to have you here.  Funny...I recall those first few months when it just seemed like it would be forever before a year could come nd here it is.....just around the corner for you.

When I think of the riots, the COVID insanity, the awful fires and your friends ranch burning, loss of animals I think this past year for you has been so tumultuous but you keep hanging on, COVID free.  I rock for us to know you are here.  Thank you will never be enough to this tribe and the priceless support that has come.

Have not been on as much lately.  Ebb and flo of life, but my heart is with y’all as we all walk on down this road smoke free.

Hugs to you,  congrats again Lore

Peggy

5-8-20

Eve1973

Jan-24

I have a smart phone.....it’s my work phone! My personal is dumb. Lol

Aunt Georgie is working where? Seriously! Lmao! That’s nuts! I guess no drug test required!  

Oh yes it’s been a ride! Hope you feel better soon. 2 Covid tests (saliva) both negative. Get it done every Wednesday, get back in 24hours or less. 

Finished ceiling. Do you want me to send you a picture? Haven’t painted nor put trim up, but can’t tell much in photos. 

Loreficent

Jan-25

I would love to see a picture! 

So do you spit in a cup or is it a swab? And...what were you doing working on Sunday? Someone break something? Do you like your work phone? Sometimes I miss my dumb phone, but I admit, this iPhone is pretty darn handy. I’ve not had one but a year and a half or so. Before that I did have an iPad Minnie that had cell on it so was pretty much like a smart phone except on iPad you can’t text Android like you can on iPhone. Pat has my old dumb phone and it is now 10 years old and going strong. 
Yes!! Georgie in a weed shop! So so funny, right? I think she would be very good at it actually. She is quite personable and gregarious and I can just imagine folks leaving with way more than they had intended on purchasing, lol! I can hear it now...”oh, you need a pound of that kind of gummy cause it wears off in 12 hours!” joy “Oh, and you need this Indica to counteract that Sativa so you can sleep!” Oh and you must try this gonga here as I got lost going around the block on this one! “ Hahahaha! Oh boy. Fun times. Georgie at her dream job. Lol! see_no_evil I’d probably pee my pants watching it all. Oh boy.

I think nap time. Took some NyQuil last night and I’m pretty groggy! 

• Edited January 25, 2021 1:13 pm  by  Loreficent