About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2021 Ex-Smokers - Start Here!   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jan-31 by Terry (abquitsmking); 30114 views.
Cazza2468

Mar-16

Hi Suzy

falling off the diet wagon is ok for while. Can’t have too many balls in the air at one time!  I need to get on that wagon that’s heading to the ‘cut down on the wine’ depot.  It very hard.  Even after a year I look forward to a little hit at the end of the day. I think it’s my reward for another day of not smoking.  I think you could cut yourself some slac for at least the first 3 months. Of course upping the exercise is always a good idea ha ha 

You must be 9 days now. Double figures about to engulf you.  You are a hero

caz

Jatchat

Mar-17

Appreciate you coming back every now and then to offer your wisdom...Rrrr exercise have not being doing well in that department for the last week, reason being My orthotics were being fitted for new shoes, got them back yesterday so now there is no excuse... Congratulations on your firm grip on your quit, hope it rubs off...

Jatchat

Mar-17

Well done on your quit so far...love that you are so determined so early in your quit... must be double figures now... 

Cheers

Jatchat

Mar-17

Hi Rose,

Congratulations on your quit, five days is great...

SYRRose

Mar-17

Thank you so much! Hope your quit journey is going well. 

Jatchat

Mar-17

Yes going well at the moment, using one patch and inhaler, seems to be working just fine, 21 days quit tomorrow. Are you using any quit aids Rose?

SYRRose

Mar-17

I am using a patch. So far so good! Today for the first time I visited with a friend who smokes and it didn’t really bother me too much. 

Nope62

Mar-18

Welcome! Glad you are here!

You will find support and a lot of information to help you along on your journey to be free of nicotine. If you go back to the first page of this thread or the first page of the March thread, you will find lots of info and things to read about our addiction. You have already got a Great Start!

Good Luck To You!

• Edited March 18, 2021 12:56 am  by  Nope62
Suzy2018

Mar-18

Oh no, NOT the wagon heading for the 'cut down on the wine' depot!  Well if you manage it can you haul me up, kicking and screaming, for the ride?

In reality, I am pretty keen to clamber on anyway.  I need to be focused to stay off the smokes, and I've noticed a definite correlation between wine and weight gain (who'd have guessed?).  If I'm fat AND drunk, I think I'm more likely to go down the self-loathing, what's the point of quitting route.   Last night was the first time in a week without any alcohol at all, and it actually felt good.  I slept better too, although in all fairness I was completely knackered from work and went to bed early, so I'm not that heroic really.   Still, I'm aiming to do the same tonight.

Eleven days today!  Thanks for all the help, dear friend.  I'm starting to believe that I might be able to do this.

Suzy

Suzy2018

Mar-18

Thanks Anthony - it's eleven days!   How far are you along now?   I hope you're still feeling good.  I'm not doing too well with exercise either, but I'm going to try harder.

Hah - determination. The truth is, it comes and goes, but getting onto the forum really does help there.  If I'm feeling a bit weedy and miserable and starting to feel like I'm depriving myself, this place cures it pretty fast. 

Please can we have more photos soon? 

Suzy

Edit:  just seen that you're 21 days quit.  That's fantastic.  Three weeks of freedom and improving health!  You can do this!

• Edited March 18, 2021 8:54 am  by  Suzy2018