About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2021 Ex-Smokers - Start Here!   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jan-31 by Terry (abquitsmking); 29407 views.
Jatchat

Mar-18

I don't intend to let it go without a fight Suzy, I'm glad you like the photos, pity there wasn't more variety in subject matter, but it is the light I mean to capture, and there are subtle differences to each photo. 21 days wow I can't believe I'm this far along the track, though I credit you guys for sustaining my quit, without the support I would have given  up the ghost long ago

Thanks once again

Anthony 

Nope62

Mar-18

Congratulations on being 21 days quit! 

I really enjoy your pictures. I have spent a fair amount of money on camera's and all the accessories that go with them. I have a Nikon SLR now. But I don't get pictures as good as yours. I always tell people that if I take ten pictures, only one or two will be worth saving. You have a real talent for photography!

Good Luck My Friend!

Jatchat

Mar-19

Thanks Jeff,

On both fronts, the quit and the photos, you should share some of your pics I would love to see them, The Nikon is a top camera and I am sure you take some beautiful photos, 

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoze

Mar-19

Hey there congrats on 21 days, i quit January 4th, i had a slip a few weeks back seeing my dad i smoked w him but quit immediately next day after, i am not ready to be around smokers, yet. Hope you have a nice day.. Overdoz

Jatchat

Mar-19

Thanks, good to see you sticking with your quit, 3 months soon...going out to tea tomorrow at a friends place, should be good, not quit related, just a catch up.

overdoze

Mar-19

Nice, always good to catch up w friends. Many bumps in the road and sometimes the occasional pothole as was the case w dad but im staying strong and looking forward, yeah almost at 3 months i was just doing the math on the money i saved its pretty remarkable. Hope you have a nice day. 

Overdoz quit January 4th, 2021

KatieKat84

Mar-19

Hi Suzy,

Stone the crow! Love this!! Caw blimey.

How are you? How is it feeling being a non-smoker today?

That’s great to hear your daughter is happy and thriving, and that you have a good relationship with your son. I’m sure it must be so hard to see him struggle through difficult times. All you can do is be there for him, whatever path he is on. I’ve been much happier and more settled in my 30s compared with my 20s - I hope this might be true for your son too.

You’re right that wedding planning can be stressful - although ours was small and local so not too taxing (we had a swim at our local lido and lots of our guests came in for a dip!) I purposefully quit 6 months before so I wouldn’t be dealing with craves etc on the day. It was a good motivator to get me well on my way.

It’s a truly beautiful spring day here in London. How is it down your way? I had a lovely walk in the park with my daughter this morning, singing songs together and discussing all the things we could see (including naughty birdies). Now trying to work while she naps but really wanting to nap myself! Ah thanks for saying you thought I was a writer :)

That quote about it being enough that you just don’t smoke - I got that from someone on the forum (Mod Sue? Mod Marge?) when I was quitting. I’m also quite all-or-nothing so I found that mindset helped me stop a bad day turning into a really disastrous day....

Sorry to hear of the bathroom mirror/green lighting scare - but actually if it helped to nudge you towards your quit then I’m glad :) Maybe Mike changed the lighting on purpose hehe.

Wishing you a happy Friday!

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

KatieKat84

Mar-19

Hi Anthony,

Great to see those three dots!! Hard won, keep them safe.

Love the photographs too - you’ve got a real flair for it.

Take care and keep going,

Katie

4th March 2017

Suzy2018

Mar-19

OMG I LOVE that one!   Absolutely beautiful, the reflection of the trees and clouds on the water and that sunset (or is it sunrise?) glow.   I really like the jetty in the foreground on the right, too - it seems to balance everything out, and starts to suggest a human story.

Oh no, I sound really pretentious (moi?) but I really do like the photo.

Congratulations, Anthony!  If you can do three weeks you can do anything you set your mind to.  And you HAVE done three weeks.

Thanks for being there for me too.

Suzy

Suzy2018

Mar-19

'Caw' blimey indeed! 

Sadly we didn't see him on the beach, but maybe that's because I ate the biscuits beforehand and somehow he knew (I think he really might be that clever).  Should I buy more biscuits, do you think, or is this diet-related junky thinking? No need to reply to that, by the way;  deep down I know the answer relaxed

Your wedding sounds wonderful, and very 'you' somehow - I know I don't know you at all apart from on here, but that's the impression I get.  Maybe it's the swimming (loads of fun, but also like a sort of baptism into the next stage of your life), but it sounds very thoughtful, relaxed and happy.    And great that you quit early enough to not be worrying about it on the day.

I now have an extra motivation to stay quit (and to keep losing weight):  I had a call today from my best friend from school, telling me about a reunion in summer 2022.  No way, was my instant reaction.  But now I'm thinking ... maybe?  

It's been beautiful here too, and I've just realised that the clocks go forward next weekend so we'll have even more light and sunshine soon.   I'm not sure if it's the pandemic, the smoking, the putting on weight, or my son's struggles - or maybe the menopause - but I feel as if I've been in a bit of a dark cave for a while, and that it's now time to come out and spread my wings (like a naughty birdy, maybe!).  Life feels happy and exciting again, anyway.  By the way, you ARE a writer.  I really look forward to your messages and they're a pleasure to read.   I know you've got a lot on at the moment  but have you thought of writing a book?

I remember ModSue really well - she really helped me too.  It's a good quote, and thanks for reminding me.  

Happy Friday to you too, Katie, and hope you have a lovely weekend. 

Suzy