About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2021 Ex-Smokers - Start Here!   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jan-31 by Terry (abquitsmking); 29493 views.
Jatchat

Apr-8

Thanks Katy

I have requested an appointment with Physiotherapist at local hospital, should hear today about time and date.

Enjoy your smoke free status

Anthony

Suzy2018

Apr-8

Thanks Anthony - I'm a whole month today!   It feels very strange - good but still strange.  

Glad to hear you're home, but sorry to hear you're in pain.  I really hope it eases off quickly.

Take care,

Suzy

In reply toRe: msg 318
Suzy2018

Apr-8

Thanks, Katie and Lore for the congratulations!  A month!  Wow!  

I've run out of time to reply properly now - it's been one of those days - but will get to it either later or tomorrow.   In the meantime, THANK YOU to both of you - your support and encouragement and humour has helped more than you know.

Suzy

In reply toRe: msg 319
Jatchat

Apr-11

Tel me about this addiction, does it ever hide it's head or is it going to keep nagging me until the day I die...just had a craving after my wife ducked outside for her cigarette, I came into my study switched on the heater and came online, I'm  safe here...

KatieKat84

Apr-11

Hey Anthony,

Keep going! Over time those craves will get fewer and further apart - the only way is forward, forward - leave old Nic in the past.

How many days is it now? You’ve got a great quit going and the good times are well within your reach.

Well done for taking refuge in your study.

How is your hip? Did you hear back from the physio?

Have a great smoke free day Anthony,

Katie

4th March 2017

Jatchat

Apr-11

I lasted for 3 hrs, then busted, I am going to bed, the battle resumes...

I  ended up in ED today, bruising all about the left foot, then an ultra sound to  check for clots, all clear

So sleepy today I couldn't stay awake.

Oh well put that down to experience

Thanks Katy

KatieKat84

Apr-11

Hey Anthony,

So sorry you had a bust :( but great to hear the battle resumes. It really is a battle but you will get there.

Sounds like you’ve been in the wars. Glad they’ve done the scans and found no clots. Rest up and breathe fresh air tomorrow.

Take care Anthony,

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017 

KatieKat84

Apr-11

Hi Suzy,

Just wanted to say hey and hope all is well :) 

I’m watching one of those Jonny English/Bond spoof films - very silly and funny!

Speak soon,

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

Suzy2018

Apr-11

• Hi Katie, and thanks for checking in.  I AM fine, just about - lots of fallout from my son's mental health assessment, and we've also had to clean out our flat for holidaymakers arriving tomorrow, so I've definitely been distracted, and definitely been romancing cigarettes too.    I've still got the 2021 visitor info to write tonight and it's too late to go and buy cigarettes (and even when it wasn't I didn't), but I have been feeling a bit wobbly and horrible!
Loreficent

Apr-11

Hi Suzy,

Oh, I am sorry to hear you’re feeling low. Things will turn around soon I’m sure. It can be hard to not smoke when one is struggling with a lot of extra stress for sure. But...maybe with a little support and encouragement those thoughts can be turned around a bit. Katie said something in another post that was so simple and yet so profound and matter of fact; about the ONLY reason we want to smoke is we are addicts and all the other reasons we think we do are, well, rubbish really. Look back at the last over a month now and see how much you’ve accomplished and embrace that lovely image of success and feel the strength from it. Knowing you’ve got all of us here to talk with and laugh with and vent with. Knowing there were days you thought for sure were the worst, and lo and behold, looking back, you really were stronger than you thought! I don’t want to underestimate the stress you have, and I know when it comes to our kids and their struggles, that stress is magnified. You have a lot going for you too with this quit for sure. Stay present with yourself and in the moment and believe in yourself and know that there is just one thing you have to do here to be 100% successful; don’t light up. Think about that...a 100% success rate every moment you don’t smoke! Woohoo! When you’re honest with yourself as far as knowing it wouldn’t change anything else except YOUR success, well, hopefully it gives you a bit of strength to carry on some more. 

Ive been thinking about your boat and how lovely it will be for you to get out on the water! I have a song on my playlist I think you might like. Listen to it and let me know your thoughts. I bet it makes you smile!

Anyway...hang tough. Will speak with you soon I hope! Here is a link to the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpM8FjO4Vko