About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Relasped   Quit Support

Started Feb-5 by lilly7727; 552 views.
lilly7727

Feb-5

Hi my name is lilly I am 43 yrs old i recently relasped after of week of not smoking. I have fallen but i will get up again! I cant let smoking beat me. Ive tried so hard for so long, this time i did a lot of research that im praying will maek this as painless as possible. Im am starting my quit journal and having written down  alot of notes to keep with me when i feel week. Tomorrow is my new day just one day at a time, thanks so much for listening ??

Nope62

Feb-6

Welcome Lilly!

I am sorry to hear that you relapsed after a week quit!

Don't feel bad. Very few quitters make it on their first try, and as for me I've tried many more times than than I care to think about. I am right at the 5 week mark now.

There are lots of people here to help you! Thanks to the intranet there is a ton of information to be read and videos to watch about quitting smoking.

I am going to ask you a very important question.  Are you going to quit smoking or are you going to just stop smoking?  This is something that it took me many stoppages to learn. It seems like a stupid question until you really think it through. If you are just going to stop, you are bound to lose at some point. I have stopped for over four months before, but I didn't quit. Quit means that we are never going to smoke again ever! With a commitment to quit we can do this!

I Wish You Luck!!

Glammy2016

Feb-6

You can do this Lilly and your right one day at a time. The fall doesnt count its how you get back up again ?

gkim

Feb-6

The research you did will definitely help and the journal too. I think if you invest time in the quit we treat it more special. There’s also a lot of info here. Reading about others’ health issues due to smoking always give me more a reason to stick to my quit. Welcome and good luck!

overdoze

Feb-6

Its easy to do, i have lost many quits at the week mark, too many to count. Mondays are a good day to start fresh, new week, new goals..

I have been trying to quit for 7 years, important thing is that i want to be quit if i keep trying to quit, cause each time i went back to smoking after i quit it wasn't that great, i have had a quit for 2 years, a few between 4-6 months..  Now im at past a month mark, there are good days and bad days, dont know if i was smoking if they would be better, i doubt it.

Overdoz quit January 4, 2021

Glammy2016

Feb-6

You know I believe the reason its not enjoyable when we relapse after a successful quit is because we have so much knowledge that we didnt have before. We know the truth. I quit smoking cigs in 2010. I have had moments were I have gone out bought a pack lit one up and just couldnt do it. The stench the harshness etc. Threw the pack away and cursed the waste of money. But after 3 years without a lapse of any kind I got drawn in to the lure of vaping the "safe" way to smoke...Im being sacastic. Didnt take long before I was chain vaping literally wearing the mod around my neck and unable to go or do anything without it. Stayed with it for 8 years. But monday Feb 18 2021 I put it down. Ill have 3 weeks monday. Its still early and I still wobble but damb when its good its goid. When I have this feeling of being totally free of addiction to anything. Smoking was my last crutch after drugs and alcohol. I had myself convinced that as vices go it was harmless. Maybe as far as life functioning goes but it was killing me all the same. Im glad for yall and this group and hope to gain true freedom this time around. I hope we all do. One day at a time. Falling happens its getting back up that counts.

gkim

Feb-22

You go girl! You’re going great, Glammy!

Jatchat

Feb-22

You'll get nothing but encouragement from me, Go for it, it's worth it. I have relapsed many a time. Just keep climbing back on that horse, and persevere.

Kind regards

Anthony