About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Back again- never givin' up!    Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Feb-9 by Arielle2019; 363 views.
Arielle2019

Feb-9

Hi guys, 

I joined this forum in October 2019.

Since then I have quit smoking and started so many times. 

But, I never game up. 

So this time around I have 101 days today. 

Hoping of course that this is it. That the worst is behind me (The first day, the first week, the first month and the icky three.) and that I now am a person who used to smoke. 

Take care all, curious and looking forward to chat with new people and to see who is still around from 2019.

Lots of love green_heart

Arielle 

Smoke free since 31.10.2020

Nope62

Feb-9

Welcome Back!

I am glad to hear that you are doing so well! 101 days quit is a real accomplishment! I believe you have got a good quit going.

I have been here for years also. Trying to quit, but only stopping for various lengths of time. I stopped seven times last year alone. I'm back at it. I am over five weeks now and still have good and bad days.

Take Care!

Lubbercat

Feb-9

101 days is awesome.......I have been on here since forever, quitting then starting and quitting and starting.  I have decided that 2021 will be the year I do not smoke!  So far, I have knocked off 39 days and working on day 40.  

Good luck moving forward.  I would say at this point, just keep going forward.  Just stay aware, I lost one quit after more then 2 1/2 years because I was tired and they were there!

In reply toRe: msg 2
Arielle2019

Feb-9

Five weeks is awesome, well done!!! 

Also, nice to hear that I am not the only one going back n forth as a rubber ball in regards to quitting nicotine. As long as we dont give up we will eventually succeed. 

Keep going strong muscle

Arielle2019

Feb-9

Thanks Lubbercat and congrats on going on 40 days, that is great!!! 

And even though you started again after 2,5 years smoke free, your lungs got a long break and now you know that a life without nicotine is possible. At least that how I choose to look at all the times I lit up again. 

Take care and keep going, 

Together we are stronger relaxed

Lubbercat

Feb-9

Yes, you need to look at the amount of time you did NOT smoke!  As long as you are willing to stay after it, you will get there.