About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Friday 25th February 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Feb-25 by Jatchat; 212 views.
Jatchat

Feb-25

Its a NOPE from me today

Loreficent

Feb-25

Anthony! That’s beautiful! Good to see you. I want to make a deal with you. Starting March 1st let’s meet here every day and NOPE together. I have not been doing this because I still tell myself NOPT which is not one puff today. I thinking maybe March 1st I should start moving on to the NOPE. What say you? Wanna NOPE through March together one day at a time???blush

Wait...it’s the 25th here but Friday there already?? I’m confused as usual Anthony. 

• Edited February 25, 2021 4:32 pm  by  Loreficent
Salisburync

Feb-25

It's a N.O.P.E from me today. Day 4 wanting one pretty bad right now..just have to fight through it like everyone else has had 2 do

Jatchat

Feb-25

Its a deal, BTW Congratulations I believe you have reached the clubhouse, well done, Its Friday here but I put in the wrong date should be 26th. Take care Lore

Loreficent

Feb-25

Ok, we are on!

Thank you. It doesn’t feel that different to me. Yet anyways. I still stay pretty focused on “today”. I’m with Dan and how he carries on mostly. Not sure about forever as that still feels overwhelming. It’s a bit disappointing, that feeling, but I also recognize the slight junkie voice saying it. I do want to try a whole month of NOPE and see if it inspires me to move my vision further beyond the day I’m in. Great if it does, but if not, I’ll keep plodding along. 

CC to DanJF3
Jatchat

Feb-25

That's OK, I am going into Hospital on the 4th March for a total Hip replacement, so I don't know whether I can get onto the site from a hospital bed, depends what the rules are on mobile phone usage there.

There's got to be some good solid reasons why you quit in the first place, I would revisit and tweak those to re-invigorate that meaning and purpose, just a suggestion.

Take care Lore 

DanJF3

Feb-26

Great idea to NOPE every day!  I rarely do that on this site but have another one that I NOPE to first thing every morning.  It really makes a difference and seriously I never really give smoking any serious thought because I can't break the promise after I click that button and pledge.  Oh and congrats again on one year!  Yay!

CC to Jatchat