About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 38753 views.
Jatchat

Mar-21

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, she will in time I hope, meanwhile I must keep on setting a good example...

oxanquits

Mar-21

Hi Suzy, yes they are sneaky, but every day I am more confident in dealing with them. We'll whack'em down for sure! Happy smoke-free Sunday! 

oxanquits

Mar-21

Thank you Anthony! It is indeed much easier the second week. Now I come here mostly to see your pictures rather than to find urgent support wink It's a big treasure this forum.

oxanquits

Mar-21

Hi Blue, two days is a milestone already, congratulations! Now it's only mental and you can do it! raised_hands 

• Edited March 21, 2021 10:17 am  by  oxanquits
Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-21

Thanks Suzy,

I hope you have a great smoke free Sunday. 

Mercy

Jatchat

Mar-21

One for the road 

Oxan take care

Anthony

Suzy2018

Mar-21

overdoze said:

sooner or later nicotine will take everything from us, even our simple ability to be happy

Ain't that the truth?  Thanks for writing this, Overdoze - it really resonates with me and will help me stay quit.   How are you doing?  I'm not sure how far along you are in your quit, but I hope you've had a good day today.

Suzy

Suzy2018

Mar-21

Jatchat said:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, she will in time I hope, meanwhile I must keep on setting a good example...

And it might just work.   For the past few years my partner has been an on and off smoker like me, but he's always been the first of the two of us to quit (we did try it once together but we nearly killed eachother relaxed). He used to hassle me to stop, because he had, but that was counterproductive - I just wanted to smoke MORE.  This time when he quit and I carried on smoking, he didn't say a word and would buy my tobacco if he ws going to the shops, even though I know he hated doing it.  He didn't even complain if I smoked indoors.  And so this time, it's all my own decision, no pressure - and I really do feel much stronger for that. 

So carry on setting a good example, Anthony - quitting is a great thing for you, but it might also help your wife in time.

Suzy2018

Mar-21

Happy smoke-free Sunday to you too, Oxana!  

Suzy2018

Mar-21

Dear Blue

Congratulations on Day 2

And well done you

See, I wrote you a poem!  Hugs to you too, and I'm really glad you're here and winning this battle.