About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 18888 views.
SimoWillQuit

Mar-26

Hello everybody,

I wanted to tell you that i started to smoke again. I felt really down after 25 days quit and i engaged cigarettes again. I think that the cause of my failure was the fact that i've quit in a bad period for me, i was depressed because of the end of my relationship and adding depression to depression was not a good idea. Strange to say but since i started to smoke again i feel less depressed.. even if i know that i have to quit when my mood will improve. I know how to do it and I can do it again, in two months i decided. I've just subscribed to meditation course and did the first lesson, very very interesting and relaxing, thanks Loreficient for the link. I wish you all can continue your travel successful and write you soon that I've followed you

Lubbercat

Mar-26

Suzy,

Thank you for the response.........Failed on that day 1 but, at 7 PM today, I will be at 3 days quit.  Just hoping that the weekend does not prove to be too much for me.  I so don't want to redo that first day again.

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-26

Hi,

Thanks. I'm having a hard time with the covid. I have no energy at all. Barely enough to get up to go to the restroom.  It does make me think of smoking as this is when I would use nicotine to get me moving. I am firm in my quit so far though.

How are thing's going for you?

Mercy

Loreficent

Mar-26

Hi Simon,

Do I have your name correct? I’m sorry about all of the heartache. Time is often our best friend with these things, and often, the hardest to handle as well. I’m glad you like the meditations. I’ve found it helpful too. Don’t stay away too long. Becoming complacent with quitting makes gathering the steam to try again harder. You can do this. We will be here when you come back. blush

Take care and stay well!

Lore

Cazza2468

Mar-26

Hi Lore

wow. That pretty powerful stuff.  I probably would have benefited from that 8 months ago.  Still good to read it now

caz

Loreficent

Mar-26

Mmmm. It is pretty sobering to see it written out, acknowledging what one would be choosing, right? I’m in this space right now of re-educating to battle complacency. I don’t want to be a smoker again. Today I most certainly will not be! 
Stay well Caz! 

KatieKat84

Mar-26

Hi Lubbercat,

Well done on 3 days. You can get through the weekend, take it one day or one hour at a time, don’t think about ‘tomorrow’.

It does get easier and life is so much better without smoking.

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

Suzy2018

Mar-26

Dear, beautiful Blue Dahlia,

Like everyone else has said on here, smoking won't give you anything apart from a very temporary relief of nicotine withdrawal symptoms.

Even more important than that is that you're young and lovely and sensitive and caring.  If you had a young, lovely, sensitive and caring friend, would you advise them to smoke?  I don't think you would. 

It's hard to be our own best friends sometimes - we cut others a lot more slack than we do for ourselves - but we ARE worth looking after, we ARE valuable and important, and we ARE worth freeing ourselves from nicotine addiction.

I'm really glad that you're here, fighting this alongside me.  I hope you haven't smoked today, but even if you have, people do care and really want to help.

Suzy x

Suzy2018

Mar-26

Hi Mercy,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with Covid.   Do you have it, or is it more the isolation that's getting you down?   It's really good to hear that you feel strong in your quit - that's wonderful.

Very best wishes to you, and I really hope you feel better soon.  Even though it might not feel like it at the moment, your heart, lungs and everything will be thanking you for not smoking.

Suzy2018

Mar-26

Hi Lubbercat,

Three days is fab (and they're the hardest three of all, so well done you - and you definitely don't want to have to do those again!).   As for the weekend, I'm sure it will be full of triggers, but I'm also sure that you can do this!  What were your reasons for wanting to quit in the first place?