About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 38957 views.
Loreficent

Mar-14

Meant to cc you on the above as well...

Loreficent

Mar-14

Good morning Debbie, welcome back!

Nice to see a fellow Oregonian here. I’m in lovely Portland which seems to be just bursting forth these past few days with a beautiful Spring of a week, yes? So many things suddenly bursting forth with their new colors and growth, just like you! Yay! 

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-14

Hi,

Nice to meet you. It has been beautiful.  We have had a helluva winter so I am welcoming the lovely weather with open arms. Are you born and raised in Oregon? Good to know you're right down the road so if I start yelling and pulling my hair out you might hear me and help! Lol. I get a bit emotional time to time when quitting.

Suzy2018

Mar-14

Hi Oxana, and thank you!

I smoked until last Sunday night and it's still only 9.30pm Sunday here, so I'm thinking I'm still only on Day 6 really. The full celebration will be tomorrow, but I AM quite proud of myself already - lots of sh!t hitting the fan, and somehow I still didn't smoke.  I think without this forum I would have, and it's a bit of a mystery to me really.   I know I could smoke  if I wanted to, but I already feel connected to you and other people here, and it makes a real difference.  I hope your brother is ok, and that you are too.   Whatever the issues are, smoking wouldn't solve them - only delay them for a bit and damage your health in the process.  Hard to believe I know, and that's the big struggle for us all - but I do really believe that that's true.

Take care, and I hope you stay strong and that we talk soon.    In the meantime, congratulation on three days - that is huge, and well done you.

Suzy

Suzy2018

Mar-14

Thank you, Lori - that is beautiful and helpful. xx

Cazza2468

Mar-14

Yay Suzy

1whole week done and dusted. Time to move onto week 2.  You are doing a marvellous job.  I am going to be right here yelling from the bleachers as you keep on conquering this challenge 

missus caz

Nope62

Mar-15

Congratulations on your one week quit! Don't you feel just a little better?

You have a great attitude and that goes a long way on this journey!

Take Care!

Nope62

Mar-15

Thanks for telling me about the heated tobacco cigarette. I had never heard of that. I assume it is just as addictive as a regular cigarette. 

I'm Happy that you still have your quit going. Three days quit is really something to be proud of! 

Every time my mind tries to get me to give in and give it what it wants, a nicotine fix. I have to ask myself, is this reasonable. Once early in this quit I felt like I couldn't breath and I needed a cigarette to breath better. Now that's just plain stupid. The nicotine monster will have to up it's game to catch me on some thing like that. But I don't doubt it will. 

I am 10 weeks quit now. I am still struggling with myself at least a few times a day. I don't consider myself an ex-smoker yet. But coming on here and reading the posts and talking to others who are in my same situation helps! I know when I log off here that I am not the only one fighting this addiction.

Keep That Quit Going!

• Edited March 15, 2021 1:28 am  by  Nope62
Cocoa60

Mar-15

Good morning.  Congrats on being here and stopping the poison smoke.  I smoked 38 years

in a 40 year span.  Finally stopped for good April 10, 2007.  I used Chantix, this forum, images

in my mind.  Whatever you need to stop is what you need.

Keep up the good work.

Ernie

Anne2020

Mar-15

Hey there Debbie,

I also have a hard time with fatigue.  I have been supplementing my diet with vitiamins and minerals with an emphasis on B12 for stress and find, after a couple of weeks of daily intake, I have much more energy and much less fatigue.  Just want to write to you in the event that this might be helpful to you as well.  Also, I have found that eating an orange is or orange juice is a very quick energizer.

Cheers.