About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 34384 views.
MartiJB

Apr-7

Way to go on day 13...hopefully 14 now!  Slips are scary, but you got through it. That is so wonderful.  I do understand how something coming out of left field. Like a broken car can have us longing for our standard response. I.e. a cigarette, but you are learning new responses and coping tools.

Excited to say I am on day 17.  That is crazy to me, but makes me feel so good.

MartiJB

Apr-7

Hi.

What a huge accomplishment to make it through the weekend.  Make sure that you acknowledge that it is a big deal!! You saw a possible pitfall and made a plan of action to counteract.

I am noticing that I am feeling very fatigued as well.  I have seen other people mention they went through the same thing.  The weather here has been pretty nice so I have had the opportunity to enjoy a bit of sun.  

just happy to be able to say I am going to bed after another smoke free day. 

Keep up the good work

Lubbercat

Apr-8

Marti

Yay for you, I am figuring you are on day 18 now?  I am on day 16........We are doing this.

Are you feeling extremely tired?  I know I have really been tired with this and tend to just go to bed at times rather then fighting the craving in the evening.  I want to get back on the treadmill by this weekend at the worst.  

I have my car back, $350 later!  It really has been a good car though, I have 155000 miles on it and this is the first I have had any trouble with it.  In the last month the hoses to the radiator have now both been replaced.  Summer is coming and the time when I will be heading to pick up grandkids to come for the summer so, I will need it to be dependable

I will try to hop on here more often, just not good with doing the computer once I am home and we have been in the busy season here at work.

MartiJB

Apr-8

Hey,

So glad you got your car back. It does sound very dependable. I bet you are counting the days until those grandkids come. 

it is day 18 for me.  Woohoo on your day 16.  I am extremely tired, and have been catching naps here and there.  For today at least my cravings are less.  I too am going to bed early as well.

My husband is recovering from major surgery on his front and back so we are taking mini walks several times a day.  As he continues to recover we will be taking longer walks.  

We are doing this. Yeah us!

oxanquits

Apr-8

Congrats on 1 month Suzy sparkles you're great example and inspiration!

Lubbercat

Apr-8

Marti

Yes, I keep a dependable car, I often refer to it as my security blanket!  My husband has been on disability for almost 23 years so, I am the main bread winner of the family..........so, I kind of have to have a dependable car.  I have doctored my husband through numerous surgeries, really no fun and can be very stressful.

I know the 2 grandkids I normally pick up the last weekend of June and have them till mid August.  The other 4 that I will pick up are in new schools so, not so sure what their schedules are quite yet.  I am very excited about having them all here to spend time together.  It has been 2 years since these cousins have been able to see each other.

oxanquits

Apr-8

Yeah, I was surprised with myself being so relaxed and strong in the same time. Sun is a good cure for getting more energy, where are you now, is it also warm? Wish you pleasant end of the week, Marti.

MartiJB

Apr-8

How Exciting.

6 all at once. Oh the adventures you will have.  They will always remember their summers with grandparents and cousins as something very special.

You are so right surgery is no fun and stressful, but he is such a trooper.  My problem will be keeping him down long enough to heal properly. 

My granddaughter is waiting impatiently for her PaPaw to get well enough for her to come spend the weekend with us.  

MartiJB

Apr-8

Isn’t fun when we surprise ourselves? Especially when it’s a good surprise.

We had sun yesterday, but it is chilly again today.  Here in KY this time of year the weather goes through a great many fluctuations.

Thank you. Wishing you the same.  

Hoping to find something interesting to watch with my Hubby as he recuperates. And, if it gets sunny to sit outside and enjoy the warmth seeping into my bones.

In reply toRe: msg 337
BlueDahlia29

Apr-9

I had made it to 18 days then smoked yesterday. Threw them all out today and am determined to get through today smoke free. My trigger is a lot of alone time and boredom so going to start making a list of my intentions for the day. How's everyone else doing?