About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 32567 views.
In reply toRe: msg 337
BlueDahlia29

Apr-9

I had made it to 18 days then smoked yesterday. Threw them all out today and am determined to get through today smoke free. My trigger is a lot of alone time and boredom so going to start making a list of my intentions for the day. How's everyone else doing?

KatieKat84

Apr-9

Hi Blue,

Sorry about your slip but great that you’re straight back on the horse and thinking of ways to face down your triggers. I did a lot of crochet when I first quit! Still enjoy it now, and knitting.  What’s on your list for keeping busy?

Will you post on here if you’re wavering and wait for three responses?

Hope you get back into your quit groove soon.

Take care,

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

BlueDahlia29

Apr-9

Hi Katie. I do a lot of arts and crafts myself including crocheting and I spend a lot of time working on my sobriety. It's been a pattern of mine when I quit one addiction either smoking or drinking I pick up the other, I have a difficult time staying both sober and smoke free although for the last 9 months was both. I had not smoked for 2 and a half years then was having a very challenging time and chose to smoke to deal with it.

oxanquits

Apr-10

Hi Blue, sorry you had to smoke, hope you’re over it by now. As Katie suggested, you could post here and wait next time it happens. Try to find something what makes you feel good, simple and quick, maybe some herbal tea (mint, melissa), watch something online, search info about what you have issue with. Get better hibiscus

• Edited April 10, 2021 6:12 pm  by  oxanquits
BlueDahlia29

Apr-10

I'm fine just a little blip on my journey, moving forward and not giving up.

KatieKat84

Apr-11

Hi Blue,

That must be tough to quit both at once. I guess it comes from seeing both quits as caring for yourself rather than deprivation. But probably doesn’t always feel that way. You know you have the strength to get there as you’ve done it before. So keeping saying NOPE.

That’s cool you like crafting too. Are you making anything just now? I’m knitting a jumper for myself but got a bit bored with that so I’m knitting a little Miffy rabbit with a dress for my daughter.

Take care Blue,

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

BlueDahlia29

Apr-11

I'm crocheting using a really cuddly and thick blanket yarn, super plush. Making a blanket for my daughter for when she goes to college.

In reply toRe: msg 344
BlueDahlia29

Apr-11

The last thing I want to do is smoke but am a bit down today, withdrawals maybe?

oxanquits

Apr-11

Sure, looks like withdrawal symptom. I always felt

down when tried to quit after a day or so. It made me go buy a new pack, on my way I realized that’s the minds trick to get what it wants, rarely stopped me though. But it will pass, stay there.

Suzy2018

Apr-11

Hi Mercy,

Yup, liking food and dieting is a rubbish combination!  I'm not so keen on sweet things, and also not good about following recipes (I just chuck stuff in and hope for the best, whereas baking is more scientific, I think?)  so I am very impressed!  What do you like to make?   

I haven't read through the complete thread - just saw your message and wanted to reply - but I hope you're still here and still going strong.  I've felt miserable as hell the last couple of days too - gagging for a cigarette and then somehow managing to rationalise my way out of it - but feeling very tired and sad with all the effort.  I think the icky month is a real thing!  Hope you're ok. xx