About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/28/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 45982 views.
Suzy2018

Apr-24

Katie's right - you ARE really strong, Blue.  Congratulations on 10 months sober and two weeks smoke-free, and on being able to wear your wedding ring again - all of that is wonderful!

Hope you're having a good day today.  I'm going camping for the weekend - lots of lovely fresh air and no cigarettes!

Suzy

Suzy2018

Apr-24

Hi Mercy,

I'm just saying hello really.  I hope things are going ok for you.  I lost my quit, but back on it again now.  

Suzy

oxanquits

Apr-24

Hi Suzy, it’s a good approach especially if you have some experience quitting, you’ve tried both smoking and stopping smoking for some time, now back to who you really are, non-smoker. Please remind yourself that you don’t smoke and that’s what you want!

I feel ok with not smoking, just over 6 weeks.

Mercy (mercy164)

Apr-24

Hi Suzy,

I have had some craziness going on. I lost my quit too. I have 3 days back. It seems we are in this together.  I wish that month area of the quit wasn't so tricky. I haven't had a chance to get on here. Sometimes my life is too busy and I can't keep up. I am trying to navigate through these waters at this time in my life as I believe it is key to why I have smoking relapses and issues with being overweight. 

I hope you are doing okay. How are things for you?

Mercy

3 days

BlueDahlia29

Apr-24

Love camping Suzy! Enjoy yourself!

Mercy (mercy164)

Apr-24

Hey Blue,

I had a cigarette a few days ago but back on day 3. I hope everything is going well with you.  Keep in touch if you want.  I am always happy to hear from you (smile).

Mercy

Mercy (mercy164)

Apr-24

Hi,

I smoked as well and am back with three days. I am glad to see you came back as it is scary when I  pick up smoking. I never know if I am going to see my last cigarette. 

Mercy

Suzy2018

Apr-27

Thanks Oxana - I'm doing fine again at 5 days in, and so glad not to have to think about cigarettes, where and when I can smoke, the harm it's doing, the smell, the cost, the slavery, etc etc etc.   I don't smoke and that IS what I want!

Congratulations on 6+ weeks - you're doing great.

Suzy

Suzy2018

Apr-27

Hi Mercy,

I'm really sorry you lost your quit too but glad you're back!   I think you might be a day ahead of me - I'm on day 5 - but we're pretty close, with Anthony too. 

I really feel for you, being so busy - when life gets like that it IS hard to keep up with everything, and sometimes it's so easy to think that smoking will help with the stress.  I tend to eat badly when I'm stressed too, and drink too much as well (so guess what, I'm overweight as well!).   

What I'm trying to do is carve out a little bit of time each day just for me, where I do something calming.  Today I just looked out of the window and watched the seagulls flying for five minutes, and I did feel that it helped.  I'm also going to try to stick closer to the forum - I know it really strengthens my resolve - but you're right, sometimes there just isn't the time.

We can get further this time, Mercy.   If we can do a month we can do two, three, six months, and beyond.  We will be so much healthier for it.

Hope you're having a good day today.

Suzy