About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Tuesday 2nd March 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Mar-1 by Jatchat; 261 views.
Jatchat

Mar-1

Hi there,

I pledge NOPE today, in other words I choose not to smoke. 

Loreficent

Mar-2

I will choose not to smoke today with you Anthony! Yay us!

In reply toRe: msg 1
boylant22

Mar-2

Good morning all from Ohio, US. Day 2 here we go!  Making it through day 1 feels so good!  So far it’s been a little better than I thought it would be, but when the cravings hit, boy do they hit!  It’s like feeling every single emotion throughout your body all at once. I’m amazed at the things that go through your head. Day 2 has been immediately waking up into one of those moments and it’s been longer and stronger than day 1. Trying my best to just breathe and stay busy!  Here’s to NOPE on day 2!

gkim

Mar-2

Congratulations on your quit! I think for me day two was harder than day one because now your body is really saying it needs nicotine. Mornings were my toughest. I sucked on a lot of candy, ate a lot of popcorn and whatever there was around the house. I made four month this Thursday smoke free. You know it really will get easier. Good luck and post and read here when a crave hits. 

Eve1973

Mar-2

Good morning and welcome!

Today I join you in pledging NOPE! Not one puff ever, I know you are new. The key definitely is distraction! Ice chips, chew straws, whatever gets you through the cravings! 

I am an addict! So I know......having one puff will throw all my hard work, determination and my new life down the toilet!

So I never ever can have just one puff! Nope!

Keep going and the time flys by eventually! 

In reply toRe: msg 4
boylant22

Mar-2

Congratulations on 4 months!  That is amazing!

boylant22

Mar-2

Thanks so much for your encouragement!  Hoping this first week is the worst of it and that each day will get a little bit better!