About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saying Hey!   General Chit-Chat

Started Mar-25 by Mercy (mercy164); 554 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-25

Hello March quitters,

I wanted to check in and say hello. I am still battling the end of covid and have a hard time finding the energy to type or get on the board. I had some energy after coffee and here I am. I am glad to see everyone still posting. I have been having very bad anxiety coming with this sickness. It started before my quit. I am suffering a great deal but I also know it will pass. I have PTSD and have anxiety normally that is under control most of the time so dealing with this is really bad. It makes me want to smoke. I believe a cig will fix it. It might momentarily but I will be right back at the same place again. I have done that sooo much that I am sick of myself and my addict thinking. Two minutes of relief is not worth going around and around on this merry-go-round of quitting and starting.

I wish I wasn't so sick that I lost count of my quit date lol. I believe it is 17-18 days now. I will look later. I hope everyone has a nice rest of their week.  Please know I am here in spirit.

Mercy

17 days I believe

Jatchat

Mar-25

Hi Mercy, 

Sorry to hear about your anxiety and PTSD issues, Congratulations on beating the Junkie thinking and your well earned 17 days, three weeks coming up soon, hopefully some of these feelings will disappear, here's to that. 

Kind regards

Anthony

Anne2020

Mar-25

You have a lot on your plate.  Thank goodness you've taken smoking cigarettes out of the equation.  Oranges.  Do you like oranges?  Number 1 for energy, mood swings, good health and overall feeling of well being.  When I quite smoking I noticed that most of my anxieties were softened and some disappeared altogether.  My overall health became just a bit better day by day.  As I accumulated those non-smoking days, I started doing other things to deal with anxiety attacks and fatigue (especially at work where I would end up falling asleep at my desk).  Oranges.  I found that just the smell of an orange when peeling it changed my mood.  Eating the orange gave me instant energy that lasted for several hours and I actually found myself smiling more.  

With everything that is going on in your sphere, perhaps an orange could help lighten your load for a few minutes out of your day, as well. 

Big congrats and hug for making it 17 days - you are getting there and the best is yet to come.

Cheers!

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-25

I think once the COVID gets better this stuff will go with it. Thank you for writing and everyone who sent a reply. : )

Mercy

oxanquits

Mar-26

Hi Mercy, I like your positive thinking and success in beating junky thoughts!

Did you have tough covid case or not so bad? Wish you recover completely and soon.

Btw I think you are like week ahead of me and I am on day 14, so you are way after day 17, maybe week 3 already, yay!

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-27

Hi,

Thank you for writing.  Staying positive was taught to me years ago when I quit drinking.  It works. I finally had the energy to look at my quit app and I have 21 days today.  Glad you're able to be here with me!

Mercy

21 days

MartiJB

Apr-2

Hi Mercy,

I hope that your COVID symptoms have reduced significantly or are gone all together.  

Having PTSD with a side order of panic and anxiety disorder myself I was greatly encouraged by your post.

Congrats on your quit, your junkie mind wrangling, and your positive attitude.

I hope you are continuing to do well on your quit.

Kind regards,

Marti

13 days

Mercy (mercy164)

Apr-2

Hi Marti,

I am actually getting better which I didn't feel like I ever would. Yeah, I am a medical mess. I have chronic illnesses on top of all that. That is actually how I learned to keep a positive attitude.  I have been ill for so long that it really pays to look at things that way as our mental state is more than half the battle. I hope you are doing okay on your quit.. please keep in touch.

Mercy

28 days

Jatchat

Apr-3

Congratulations on 28 days Mercy