About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Sunday 28th March 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Mar-27 by Jatchat; 672 views.
Jatchat

Mar-27

Hi there all, we are quitting, it is a process not an event we are told, let me take time out to reflect on the week that's been and declare NOPE once more...please join me

A Full moon, thanks

Kind regards

Anthony

Eve1973

Mar-28

Good morning Anthony,

So this weekend was a HUGE test for me, I am still away with a few friends and 3 of them are smokers. So it was tough the 1st day.....not so much yesterday.....the smell stunk SO BAD. But am happy to say because of my knowledge and this FORUM, I didn’t really even have a notion to succumb to the nasty habit. I think I was more feeling left out because all the smokers went outside and I was in house and sounded like they were having fun. Oh well no biggie. 

As I write this there are 4 packs of smokes on the table but I will definitely not touch them! So I say Nope....and to all struggling.....just know you are tougher than you think and if you truly put your mind to it, you might be in the same situation someday being SO PROUD OF YOURSELF! 

HUGS, and strength to you!

EVE

Jatchat

Mar-28

Good morning Eve,

Thanks for the warning, I am getting the odd urge just lately, I have been using the Delay tactic and not acting on it, I can't imagine the pressure you're under, so proud of you for staying strong.

Kind regards

Anthony

BlueDahlia29

Mar-28

Hi Eve and Anthony, middle of the day here and haven't smoked. Will join you both in pledging Nope. Well done Eve getting through what to me would be a very tempting and challenging situation, you are strong, well done!

Loreficent

Mar-28

Oh! Did I not jump in today yet? Saw Anthony’s gorgeous full moon before I went to bed and must have gotten distracted! Squirrel! 

Wow Eve! That is an accomplishment! I’m very proud of you! I think you are one of the most steadily determined folks I’ve met. I absolutely admire your ability to stay present with yourself and not really future trip. It is calming and inspiring for the rest of us. Head down, eyes on the prize, you just don’t get caught up in worrying about the forever piece of this, or the “peace” will come, or any of it. You just keep plodding on. Well, I’m plodding on with you guys with my NOPE!

CC to Jatchat
Jatchat

Mar-29

Glad to hear that you are still with us Blue

Remember the 5 D's Blue I used one of them today Delay...after a craving...saved me

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

Mar-29

Thanks Lori

Distraction is a great Quit Aid

Anthony

oxanquits

Mar-29

The full moon is amazing, Anthony. Not sure how this is done, but I assume it’s not easy. Thank you for sharing.

BlueDahlia29

Mar-30

What are the 5 d's Anthony? I know distract and delay but can't remember the other 3.

Jatchat

Mar-30

Drink Water, Deep breathe &  Discuss