About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

quitting tomorrow   Quit Support

Started Mar-28 by completehome; 406 views.
completehome

Mar-28

I am going to try to quit 3/29/21, will need all the support I can get. Thanks in advance.

Loreficent

Mar-28

Hi there,

Well you’ve found the right place for support! Welcome.

Id like to suggest going to the March 2021 New Ex Smokers Start Here tab at the top, go to the first page and read as much as you can. Half down the first page is a hyperlink titled “homework for new exsmokers” and it takes you to a ton of articles. Most are fairly short and very readable. Being educated on our addiction is our best weapon and defense. 
Plan on staying close to here as much as possible the first few weeks and we will do all we can to support you. Post as much as you like, even if just chatting or venting. Writing is a good distraction from cravings!

See you tomorrow!

turtles

Mar-31

I quit on April 1, 2019 using the phrase I didn’t want to be a fool anymore. The date really helped with motivation.

Nope62

Apr-1

That's great!  You will never do anything more important in your life!

Please click on the March 2021 New Ex-smokers tab on the left. If you go to the first page of that thread you will find a lot of information that will help you navigate the site and a lot of information about stopping smoking. You can also read the thread and find out what's going on with other quitters. Enter the conversation anytime you want or need too.

Welcome! We are glad you are here!

boylant22

Apr-1

Hello there and welcome!  I hope you are soon completing day 2 as an ex-smoker!  These first few days will not be easy, but I promise are worth it. I am now one month in and can’t begin to explain how much better I feel already - no more coughing in the mornings, my skin is looking brighter and better, my breathing has gotten significantly better and mentally I am so much freer!  And that’s after only 30 days!  Know your reason(s) for quitting, hold those close, and please, please post here if ever you feel like you need support or to share your own journey!

Nope62

Apr-1

I hope that your first day is going well! Please let us know if you need any help!

Take Care!