About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2021 Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Apr-2 by slowblumer; 4620 views.
blackbird912

May-5

Just reaching out to say hello to our April group and ask.  Is there a way to search all posts if I am looking for a particular discussion on a topic?  Thanks.

chris

Jatchat

May-5

Hi Chris,

Try typing Key Words into Find Messages search bar top right hand corner of your page and messages related to the topic will appear in Discussions pane. Good luck

oxanquits

May-20

Hi Chris, how is your journey going, I remember being over 1 month was hard for you before, is it better by now?

blackbird912

May-21

Thank you for checking in on me.  I am doing well.  I have not smoked any cigarettes and that part of me feels darn good about it.  I will DO all I can to stay this way.  I started using the word DO instead of words like try or hope.
  I haven’t been posting much here because I am also working on another addiction.  Yes, you read correctly.  I also use marijuana so I thought it best to join another group to start addressing my drug use.  I have not opened up to this group but I guess it’s ok to do so.  Some years ago I was drinking too much alcohol that messed up my stomach.  I quit cold Turkey, so to speak.  Eventually  I started smoking cigarettes AGAIN during my drinking phase.  After,I quit drinking I was eventually reintroduced to pot.  So, for,the last 3 years I have had my fair share of marijuana (or pot related products like edibles, tinctures.    Like any drug, I start out slowly only to increase and found myself smoking pot upwards to 4 times per day.  It is now time to spend my energy quitting pot but I don’t think this group is the place to share this part of my journey.  I have been coming here daily and reading but feel dishonest saying i am not smoking when I am using pot. I don’t want to take the daily pledge until I make the decision to end my pot usage. So now you have heard the rest of my story.  That’s all for now.  

oxanquits

May-21

Hi Chris, wow you are doing it, it is a great reason to be proud of yourself! Encourage and treasure this non-smoking-cigs part of you. You set a good example. I don’t know much about quitting pot myself, my ex smoked heavily but I didn’t know how I could help as well. I think the good thing it’s not the same kind of addictive as nicotine and less chemicals.. I’m sure you will manage this other change in the best way and with a right support (especially from yourself, as now you know you can do it).

• Edited May 21, 2021 5:03 pm  by  oxanquits
blackbird912

May-21

Thank you so much.  I appreciate your kind words.  And i thank  you even more for checking up on me.  Hugs to you my dear friend.

nicotine is a beast to walk away from.  But drugs are mind altering and I love a good escape.  Unfortunately I am one in 20 that gets hooked real easy.  And like cigarettes I use pot a lot because I am always trying to get rid of it because I want to end my habit but ultimately I end up buying more until I get disgusted with it and myself.  Thankfully I am disgusted with it now and have managed cutting down the last few days.  It’s how I build up to quit.  Not the best way, I know.  But it’s going to work and staying close to support will hopefully keep me grounded and clean.
 There’s a huge difference in the addictive self and the sober self.  Funny how cigarettes have always played a part in both scenarios so I guess I can see why nicotine is more addicting.

I will start back up on the daily NOPE Pledge when I am free from both pot and nicotine.  One down, one to go.

Msg 6540.43 deleted
oxanquits

May-26

Take your time Chris. Hugs to you too!

and here you’re already a winner by not smoking, take power from that. You have all you need to be a winner in any other addiction fight! Your body already knows it is not losing anything and it will give you the freedom from whatever you ask it, I’m sure. Just be kind and patient with yourself.