About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Sunday 4th April 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-3 by Jatchat; 398 views.
Jatchat

Apr-3

Hi All,

Wishing you a very happy Easter Sunday. He is risen, yes indeed.

I pledge NOPE today and invite others to join me

Kind regards

Anthony

Loreficent

Apr-3

Happy Easter to you Anthony!

So, stopping smoking is about so much more than deprivation and craves and withdrawal. It’s about setting and reaching goals. Digging in and rising above and letting go and persevering and acceptance and healing. We tend to get a bit focused on the feeling of withdrawal and all that triggers in the mind and we lose sight of our goals and the fact of how if we really listen to our bodies we really do feel better. It is hard at times for the brain to rise above those feelings of angst....but when we do....oh it is oh so good and such a wonderful place to be. Glad you are persevering Anthony. We all can do this, and I do believe each of us is much stronger than we know. Smoking stole that knowledge from us and enslaved us to this belief that we cannot do and be without our fix. Well, I am doing and believing and I’m just fine without it. Hope all you are too! 

oxanquits

Apr-3

I can be without it, pledging NOPE with you!

Jatchat

Apr-3

Happy Easter to you Lori,

I agree, goals are important, for progress, and also can be a means of diverting our attention away from cravings.

Here's to goals

Kind regards

Anthony

MartiJB

Apr-4

Hi Anthony,

Happy Easter. He is Risen Indeed.

I am pledging NOPE with you today.  I hope your recovery is progressing well.

Marti

Eve1973

Apr-4

Happy Easter all,

I will join you in pledging Nope and definitely am happy to be smoke free on this beautiful Sunday!

Jatchat

Apr-4

Smokes and hip progressing well. No thoughts of smoking, and doing without walking stick around home, Ice Pack on hip at the moment, to take away some of the swelling, All is well Marti,

Kind regards

Anthony

euknight

Apr-4

Hoppy Easter All....Not too much hopping for you I guess Anthony.  Congrats on getting thru the surgery.  Speedy and complete recovery to you.

So am honored to pledge NOPE on this quiet Easter Sunday.  I hope all my NOPE tribe buds are enjoying their day!,

I am excited to be hitting 11 months this week.  This is a trip.  I know without you all it wud not have transpired.  

Have a beautiful smoke free Easter my friends! 

Peggy

5-8-21

Jatchat

Apr-4

Thank you Peggy,

Congratulations on 11 months WOW!

gkim

Apr-4

Happy Easter everyone! Tomorrow’s my five months smoke free. I pledge nope!