About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Monday 12th April 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-11 by Jatchat; 473 views.
Jatchat

Apr-11

Even a pledge every day of NOPE, is no insurance against smoking a cigarette, but I will endure until cured, 

I invite you all to re-examine your reasons for quitting and pledge NOPE with me today as I fight to preserve my quit

Kind regards

Anthony

oxanquits

Apr-12

I pledge NOPE, we've come this far, let's keep going.

1 month dizzy

KatieKat84

Apr-12

Hey Anthony,

How are you doing today? Remember each smoke-free day is valuable and something to be celebrated.

Hope the hip is not too sore.

All best,

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

blackbird912

Apr-12

NOPE on day 3 is more of a challenge.  It’s a Monday and I am at home most of the day while everybody else is working.  It’s rather quiet around here during the week and I know that can be difficult for me.  I am a stay at home mom and often boredom has been my excuse to smoke.  I guess that boredom is a pretty lame excuse but it’s true.  
I hope everybody keeps going.  I hope I can make it this time for the long haul.

Jatchat

Apr-12

Hi Katie,

The battle continues have smoked 13 cigarettes over 3 days, am now increasing my dose of NRT.

The hip is sore, see physio today so I can get a recovery plan

I admire  those who have quit the Nic, hope to back on the rails soon

KatieKat84

Apr-12

Hey Anthony,

Im so sorry about those cigarettes :( you can do this Anthony - it’s just a very tough addiction. But if I and others can do it so can you.

Good idea to up the patch for extra support to get you back on track.

Great you’re getting a recovery plan from the physio  - hopefully this will give you a boost and something to focus on.

All the best to you,

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

blackbird912

Apr-13

I have been seeing your posts.  Cigarettes are the devil that’s for sure.  I used NRT a long time ago.  It worked once and took about 6 months to wean off cigarettes.  Then I tried another time again after a failed attempt and it did nothing and I kept craving cigarettes.  I also used NRT long enough that I believe it caused bumps (like zits but more bumpy).  

I am glad you are not giving up!!!

I am on day 4 of going cold Turkey.  Yesterday I came close to buying an e-cigarette (what I have used sometimes thinking they aren’t as bad as cigarettes and probably end up with more nicotine in my body because I smoke them like chimney on a freezing snowy day.  
i watch a lot of YouTube and many of the recommended videos here about smoking.  They seem to help.

You can do this!  You are stronger than some old cancer stick.

Jatchat

Apr-13

Thanks,

I think I am back on course now but because of the derailment I have had to restart my counter, I had a major craving last night when I walked past my wife's cigarettes, but I managed to resume my activity without fuss, so currently I am 20 hrs into a brand new quit. I used two 21 mg patches to break the relationship I am not sure what to put on today...at least one, then I will assess my body's response as the day progresses. I used some motivational behaviour advice to set me on my current course, see link...

https://www.verywellmind.com/the-stages-of-change-2794868?utm_campaign=list_stress&utm_medium=email&utm_source=cn_nl&utm_content=23471456&utm_term=

This helped me to get in the right frame of mind

Thanks Chris for your support, we can do this together

overdoze

Apr-15

yeah i was doing too much, and got in a trap of stress, and thought a cig would help out. Im not gonna lie it did at first but as i smoked for 2 days, weird anxiety came on, and i know its the cigs causing that feeling.

Even today i had all this stuff to do, and im like its not that urgent, im not gonna get everything done like a robot. I want some time to chill out. I was smoke free from January 6, till a few days ago so i dont wanna go back. 

overdoze

Apr-15

yeah those stages sound right precontemplation, contemplation, plan of action...

I have been dealing with grief and its stages of denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I think im at depression and close to acceptance.