About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Tuesday 13th April 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-12 by Jatchat; 297 views.
Jatchat

Apr-12

Hi All,

The fight continues, score Cigarettes 12, Anthony 0.

I put on a 21 mg patch this morning, that's the plan keep increasing the NRT until Cigarettes are KO'd

I would like to pledge NOPE today

And invite others to join me

overdoze

Apr-12

Its pretty cool knowing that you are in a part of the world where it is Tuesday already.. pretty big planet.

Jatchat

Apr-12

24 Time Zones, Russia has 11

overdoze

Apr-12

is that how it goes, 24 time zones in the world, didnt know that, wow Russia occupies a lot of land.

Jatchat

Apr-12

True, we have 3 time zones in Australia

blackbird912

Apr-13

I am an addict!
Day 4.  
I have been on day 4 so many times.  I hope I can make this one stick.  It takes a lot more willpower to stop, start, quit, start, stop, start, and the cycle just kept going for over 45 years.  I truly am tired of these initial quit days.  And they don’t get easier because you know the agony of going through withdrawal and it scares me.  
so before each quit I smoked more!  I smoked  because of the fear of quitting.The truth is, once I get on a roll of quit days, it’s not that bad.  Thing is, I get comfortable with my quit and each and ever time I let the stinky white stick win.  I am not sure I will succeed this time.  
jatchat,  I had stage 1 lung cancer a year ago.  I was fortunate it was found when it was.  Now I go in for more tests today.  Another scare I am not looking forward to.  I quit for 8 months after I had the cancer removed.  You would think cancer would be enough to put those filthy cigarettes aside.  

oxanquits

Apr-13

I pledge NOPE today!

Anthony, sorry you're having hard time, sending positive vibes.

Jatchat

Apr-13

That's just how powerful addiction is, once you start bargaining with the cigarette your in a no win situation, it will draw all your emotional strength out of the equation and you will have nothing left to fight with, Just say NOPE and resume activity or divert your attention to an alternative activity which gives you pleasure. That's my advice, You're doing well four days is a massive victory for that is when the craving is the strongest, you're almost finished climbing the mountain and you will be able to rest shortly, I encourage you to stay strong.