About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Health scare and quitting   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Apr-13 by legalliane; 2650 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

Apr-26

Hi Suzy,

I was excited to write you today. How are you? My pain is getting better. I wanted to tell you that I watched 3 episodes of Unstoppable and I love the 4th season as much as the rest. 

Do you have a way to get an American show ? There is a show called Prodigal Son which is one of the few shows I watch from this country. I think you might like it.

I hope your quit is going well. So far so good here.

Mercy

4 days

Suzy2018

May-2

I'm glad your pain is easing, and I will look up Prodigal Son - thanks Mercy.   x

blackbird912

May-3

Glad too and will research Prodigal Son.  Am always looking for a good show.

Mercy (mercy164)

May-5

Hi Suzy,

How are you doing?  I got to the end of Unforgettable, and I was shocked! I really wish they did not do that. That twist came out of nowhere and now there will not be any more seasons, at least with her. I am still upset a few days later.

I hope you are doing okay with your quit. I think I have caught a bug. I have a lot of dogs to watch over the weekend and I wish I was feeling better. It is Murphy's law. I get a bunch of dogs every time I get a bug LOL.

Have a good day! 

Mercy

Suzy2018

May-7

Hi Mercy,

I know, and I'm sorry I didn't warn you but it would have ruined it even more.  We were also upset - why did they do that?  I can only think that the actress had had enough, but even so it was very shocking.

I hope you feel better soon - it's hard to look after lots of dogs when you're not feeling 100%, and seems very unfair too given you're only just getting over Covid.    How many dogs, and what kinds?  And is this work, or doing a favour for someone?  I hope it goes well, anyway.

Hope you're having a good day too.

Suzy

Mercy (mercy164)

May-8

Hi Suzy, 

I am a pet sitter so I can make money to care and pay for my home. I have had my own business for over 10 years until covid. I haven't been able to get work for over a year and it has just started picking up a slight bit.

Most of the dogs coming are my repeat clients.  I would like to start seeing new customers again.  I watch small dogs. The 2 that I have for 3 days pee everywhere.  I keep them in a pen but it is still a good bit of cleaning and getting up and down. I have another one for 6 days who is one of my favorites.  She is a pug mix. I also have my own dog and a daycare dog whom I just found out is leaving. 

I wish I had a bit more energy!

Suzy2018

May-14

Hi Mercy,

Sorry for slow reply - somehow I missed this last time I logged on, and I haven't been here very often lately (no smoking, don't worry - just work and family stuff!).

Wow, yes, it sounds like you need a lot of energy for the dog-sitting - especially the ones that pee everywhere.  I'm glad business is picking up a slight bit.  The pandemic decimated our income too, but it's been better lately which is a relief.

How are you doing otherwise?   I hope the quit is going well.

Suzy

Mercy (mercy164)

May-14

Hi Suzy,

My quit was rough the last week. I always have a hard time when I get fatigued and I'm not able to rest due to schedule stuff. I am okay now. How are you? Are you having a easier time this time or are things bumpy?

No problem with the slow reply as we do what we can when we can. What do you do for work? My pet sitting has gotten quiet again but hopefully not for too long.

Have a great weekend!

Mercy

23 days

overdoze

May-15

Hi there congrats on 23 days im past 2 weeks had a hard time today for some reason, was ready to cave in, im glad you are here and i offer my hand of support to you. Were gonna do this.

Overdoz quit 4-28-21

Mercy (mercy164)

May-16

Hi!

Glad to hear from you. I have been having rough days myself, but then I think of you guys, and it does help a bit. At least I know there are people routing for me. It makes it a bit harder to pick up a smoke. Let's do this!

Mercy