About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Saturday 24th April 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-24 by blackbird912; 313 views.
blackbird912

Apr-24

Hello, my name is Chris and I am a recovering addict.

I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict. Imam an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  I am an addict. 
Please join me today:  NOT ONE PUFF EVER!  No puffs today, thank you. 

N.O.P.E. for me! 

oxanquits

Apr-24

I will join you today Chris, NOPE from me. We’re non smokers!

Eve1973

Apr-24

Hi all,

It has been a very tough couple days, but not going to succumb to the urge.....I am an addict also......therefore NOT  going to GO TO THE “Dark side!” 

TAKE my hand and join me in saying NOPE! Not one puff ever! 

Together we Can BEAT THIS ADDICTION!

Loreficent

Apr-24

I’ll join you Eve! We can go chase squirrels instead, lol!

euknight

Apr-25

Joining you all at almost 3 AM my time.  What’s going on Eve?

So went to a fabulous Latin steakhouse tonight at a downtown hotel.  Waiting for my car and glance over and this women has this freshly lit long tasty looking cigarette.

She was probably the only one smoking as seems to be the case these days in a lot of places.  It surely did stand out to me.

But TASTY?  What a weird word that was to dance across my brain esp. because it would not be tasty at all!!!  Then I thought...I can’t wait to get in my car and have a smoke.  NOT!

I like that...”I am an addict”, blackbird.  This voice in my head was just bizarre but goes to show that we must be constantly aware and diligent in giving very little attention to that whisper.  It was like perhaps the mere brief visual combined with an inaccurate thought could take me down.  All in a matter of seconds and it was gone.

Pledging NOPE gladly with you all.....really it is Sunday but oh well

Enjoy the weekend my smoke free friends

Peggy

5-8-20

Pagal68

Apr-26

NO TO 69 CHEMICALS