About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday May 3 2021 NOPE Pledge   General Chit-Chat

Started May-3 by blackbird912; 214 views.
blackbird912

May-3

Good morning!  
OK! Let’s get this NOPE thing going today!  Yup! We got this!

ADDICTION is giving up everything for one thing.

RECOVERY is giving up one thing for everything!

ENJY This Day!
Chris

boylant22

May-3

I love this, Chris!  So true!  I will NOPE alongside you today

Loreficent

May-3

Yeah, I like it too! NOPE today for me. 
Long drive today heading home and that used to be such a thing to hit rest areas and have a smoke. I think I really only need to pee once between Portland and Seattle but stopped every hour to smoke. Was amazed coming up it really only takes 3 hours, haha.joy

euknight

May-3

NOPE. ING  right along with you guys today!!,  Three cheers to staying nico free!!! Awesome work y’all!!

Hear ya Lore on the cigs with these common road trips.  THAT Part feels really good in the car now.  Not trashing the car, fishing around for a lighter, turning your hair and clothes into a smoke stack......

Leaving work the other day, a grueling day, I automatically thought it was time for a cig reward.....then remembered I didn’t smoke anymore and didn’t want one.  I think when the cravings subside that goes a long way.  We can alter our thought processes over time!  Not unlike a death....I cannot forget they are gone but the sharp pain subsides.

I have had two close friends die this year.  Sometimes it is hard to bear the feeling of loss but I have not had to smoke over it.

Have an awesome day...you quitters!!  Stay Strong!!

Peggy

5-8-20