About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Wednesday, 5th May 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started May-5 by blackbird912; 243 views.
blackbird912

May-5

Good morning!
Here to let’s get this NOPE party going today!  Please grab my hand and dance with me as we celebrate another day of Not One Puff Ever!

Here’s to your health!
ENJY This Day!

chris

oxanquits

May-5

Hi Chris, taking your hand and saying NOPE, let's celebrate!

How is your quit going, are you finding some resources to support your quit? We're not missing anything, there is no added value in smoking but there are benefits, more than one. For me it's seeing my thoughts and emotions (good and bad) clearly, without hiding behind that cig cloud.

Eve1973

May-5

Hi Oxi,

oh boy did I hide in that cloud for years! I’m not that tall....lol.

but I’m going to take your Hand and say NOPE, NOT ONE PUFF EVER!

Anyone else?

oxanquits

May-5

Hi Eve, it's good you are out of there and it's far away behind you now, how do you feel with going that far?

ps. I like you called me Oxi blush

rubyfreshair

May-5

Afternoon all!  Day 7 with NRT.   I really don't want a cigarette. I know from experience that one doesn't help.  Edginess, anxiety...I want to cry, but can't quite get there.  NOPE today!

Eve1973

May-5

Well since you liked,  and I just read your name wrong....lol......OXI it is for now on! 

How do I feel being almost 16 months? Well I’m going to be honest...... I still have the cravings and thoughts, are they easier to dismiss? Absolutely! But I’m disheartened that I was naive to think that after a year......magically everything will be honky dory and life will be “normal.” NOT SO......which I guess is probably why people end up relapsing even after many years. So I know that I did this to myself and need to accept the consequences. Like Chris always says.......I’m an addict therefore not one puff ever is VERY IMPORTANT to my recovery. 

Now I’m not trying to dissuade you.......Not everyone goes through the same thing.....but just know the NICODEMON is VERY SNEAKY, so if you always have your “guard” up, then you are on the right Path

It will get better......my pocketbook is better off, my breathing is better, my sleeping is still a lil off, but getting better...... I smell better and I am actually happier. I think the planning for the next smoke is time consuming and sometimes can cause anxiety. 

So I have a terrible memory, not sure where you are in your quit, but no matter where just know that distraction is key to success!