About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started May-7 by slowblumer; 4927 views.
slowblumer

May-7

Feb-28

Welcome New Ex-Smokers

Congratulations on taking that all-important first step with cessation - stubbing out the last cigarette and getting started.

Chances are you don't feel 'ready' to quit, and are experiencing a mixture of difficult emotions about it.

Try to relax.  You've found the best place for help. 

Getting Started with Cessation

Park yourself in front of your computer and read everything you can on this forum board. We encourage you to take the initiative to introduce yourself and post often. Sharing your journey with your new quit buddies and offering support to each other really helps.

This thread will serve as the meeting place for those of you who are quitting now, and when the month ends, we will move your 'home base' thread over to the Quit Buddies Unite folder, where you can continue to support each other. 

You can also return to the Introductions folder where you'll find the new Monthly Ex-Smoker thread for those coming along behind you.  Share the tips and encouragement that helped you during month one.  Not only will this help others, it will strengthen your resolve as well.

Start your reading here:  Homework for New Ex-Smokers

Additionally, the folder headings in gray on the left of the page under DISCUSSIONS house different topics.  Click on the gray heading to view the conversations held within.  When you finish with a folder, click on the drop down menu under DISCUSSIONS and select ALL to see all of the folders again.

Introductions/Newcomers Nook
A good place to start with numerous threads from new ex-smokers.

General Chit-Chat 
This is where you will find the daily NOPE thread.  NOPE stands for Not One Puff Ever, and members pledge NOPE on a daily basis.  Give it a try - you will probably find it helpful and empowering.

Quit Support
This is a good place to post for help when you need it ASAP. 

Dots(Weeks) and Stars (Months) Milestones and One Year and Beyond Milestones 
Read the accounts of people who are winning with cessation in these folders.

Quit Buddies Unite
This folder is the home base for the groups who quit together.  This thread will move to that folder at the end of the first month.

Quit Smoking Library
Here you'll find member stories and links to important articles that will inform you about what to expect from smoking cessation.

The next 4 posts will give you additional info on how to navigate/post here.  Please read them and let us know if you have any questions.

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Jatchat

May-14

I will gladly join the May group

Kind regards

Anthony

One day, 2 hours, 38 minutes and 38 seconds. 44 cigarettes not smoked, saving $61.03. Life saved: 3 hours, 40 minutes.

PattyA

May-14

Patty..May18 is my quit date and mother’s birthday ..thanks

Lubbercat

May-14

Anthony,

Good to see someone I recognize.  After many failed attempts, I am back.  I smoked last at 7 AM on May 5th so I am now on my 10th day...........I have a busy weekend planned that will hopefully keep me from smoking.

Good luck to you!

In reply toRe: msg 3
Jatchat

May-14

Your Welcome

Jatchat

May-14

Hi Lubbercat, welcome back, I am joining you  on this journey to smobriety, buckle up for the ride of your life, my quit date is the 13th May at 9pm, your eight days in front so I expect you to lead by example, LOL no pressure. I wish you all the best in your quit

Be brave

Anthony

Lubbercat

May-14

Actually, I will take that challenge.  Maybe, the pressure will keep me on track!  LOL

In reply toRe: msg 3
Lubbercat

May-14

Patty

Welcome.  Check in often and read lots.  

Good luck to you

PattyA

May-14

I will be following you too !!!

In reply toRe: msg 6
Jatchat

May-15

Drawing on hidden latent reserves of confidence in my ability to defeat this addiction, I am commending to you from your innate sense of conviction, and from reading the evidence concerning the disastrous effects of smoking cigarettes, to be bold and courageous in defeating the cravings, quench that  fire and join the ranks of the living. Life is to precious to leave it to the mercy of the tobacco industry.

Kind regards

Anthony